AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:beer:  $(KGrHqR,!i4E3RUKt0h9BN7lNeJTJ!~~_12.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqR,!kwE7!LG+WupBO7NWEbW3!~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqR,!lIE69nGS0hjBO7MiSztQg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqR,!qEE63Z2gurWBO7huPQTLw~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:smile:  $(KGrHqRHJ!sE63Ksoyc9BO7L-Yt(ZQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqRHJBME63Uw3JL(BO7OSpD)Ow~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqRHJBsE60e3u4,8BO7MKH0nJg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:smile:  $(KGrHqRHJBUE63VVIkriBO7iY,!J!g~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqRHJCME63(5EJg2BO7MFN7Wtg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqV,!g0E7RkWCBvsBO7M12GbZQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:!:  $(KGrHqV,!mEE69kMSNzJBO7NRJKOgQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqV,!nME63S988K-BO6RWZyJPQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqV,!oEE63WY-o7sBO6R,KlLCg~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqV,!psE63ZjSuNBBO7NMptV,Q~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
:beer:  $(KGrHqVHJBEE63St-Zc(BO7PEnY6WQ~~60_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqVHJBUE-cQHd-)GBPpUqe08Pw~~60_12.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
A blast from the past.  1422607_668554996498286_1518770893_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Lost64
10 years ago
Hi Andy,

I can't get the last picture to become larger, any tips?

Is that John Forbes' place in Edinburgh? Despite being unwell of late, John's still on the scene, although I believe the garage may be closed now. He sold off a lot of very useful parts a few years ago, and still has a stall at the Scottish VW festival at Biggar each year.

When the show used to be at Doune, near Stirling, he'd bring along a lot of cars, a nice 1303 cabrio that looked to have wooden running boards, a 1966 1300 Beetle, the "That's Life" '59 Beetle, and 109 TOD, a beautiful Samba Bus, which appeared briefly in a whisky advert.

John remains one of the real characters on the scene up here.:beer:

Gavin.
vintagebug
10 years ago

Hi Andy,

Is that John Forbes' place in Edinburgh?

Originally Posted by: Lost64 

Yes Gav, it is.

Dave

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
RoRoVw
10 years ago
I seem to recall that John told me this year at Volksfling that he'd vacated the premises because the land was to be used to build new halls of residence for Edinburgh University.
Rob.
vintagebug
10 years ago
I thought John had retired? And his head mechanic had bought the business from him? :?

Dave
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Is this one any better ??   ror.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Also this one but i dont think it Mr Forbes place.  1424391_611413285584637_1556289879_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagebug
10 years ago

Also this one but i dont think it Mr Forbes place.

Originally Posted by: AW 

No, that's my garage Andy :wink:

I wish.

Dave
RoRoVw
10 years ago

I thought John had retired? And his head mechanic had bought the business from him? :?

Originally Posted by: vintagebug 

Yes John has retired but perhaps the business has relocated to new premises with the new guy. Or perhaps John was referring to storage premises when he talked about the land being sold????

Rob.
GKL 7
10 years ago

No, that's my garage Andy :wink:

Originally Posted by: vintagebug 

I thought so Dave,FULL of unfinished cars.:wink:

heb623
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: GKL 7 

Good one, George!:thumbup:

:twisted: ET :rofl:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
vintagebug
10 years ago

You know me so well, George.

:wink:

Dave
Lost64
10 years ago
I know that his chief mechanic had started up in business for himself, but I've no idea where, or if he's using the Meadow Lane premises.

Andy, both pictures were fine, it's just when I click on them, they come up 'thumbnail size', and I don't know how to enlarge them. Any tips Rob?

Dave, I thought that was my garage, (I wish....,!), it's got unfinished cars in it too!!:rofl:

Gavin.
vintagebug
10 years ago

Yep, sure is George. Just remind me, how many vintage VWs are in that big triple garage of yours (finished OR unfinished)? :wink:

Dave
GKL 7
10 years ago
Don't come back on me Dave,once you've had the whole weekend to think about it.FFS.

SLOWWWWWWWW.

To Answer your question none,i'm struggling to find a car that is up to my usual standards 😛 But it will come along.

p.s you're not taking me seriously for the first time in twenty years are you? :wink: