Jollychuffy
11 years ago
I owned the 1953 LHD de-luxe Split with the CHASSIS NUMBER 10443969 for about eight years 1973/1981 . At that time I only knew one Split, owned by Dave Pragnell, with a Chassis Number nearer commencement of Oval production. When I sold the car it had new genuine panels and doors and a new 1200 VW factory engine and was registered GGW 686 J and painted black. I have recently unearthed the Customs and Excise "Out Of Charge" import document issued at Dover in 1971 ( believed to have been imported from Zeebrugge ) as well as the originally-issued logbook. Oh : There are petrol ration coupons still unused too !
I'm sure the car was good enough to still survive and I'd be happy to re-unite these 'historic' documents with the car (upon which I lavished a load of effort and too much money and time !). Anyone know where it is ? John aka Jollychuffy
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
ozymandias
10 years ago
1-0443939 became OSV672 in the early 1990s when it was put back on the road by a friend of mine. It was subsequently sold, in about 1996, to someone in Gatwick, but I don't have any further details. I don't want to publish any names, but the person who owned it at this time is someone who will have known in the 1980s, as am I. I am new to this forum, this is the first posting I've done, and I can't figure out how to send messages without them being published. If you know how to send private messages, please contact me privately and I'll tell you more.
pre67vw
10 years ago

If you know how to send private messages, please contact me privately and I'll tell you more.

ozymandias wrote:

To send a private message, click the 'PM' button at the bottom of a post to send a private message to that person. Alternatively click on their name and then the 'PM' button at the upper left of their profile.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
ozymandias
10 years ago
Thanks for responding so quickly Rob