magsitis
17 years ago
I recently came across a 1967 Campmobile in relatively good shape. I know it was imported from Germany and I'm wondering how I would go about putting a price on it. A friend of mine wants to sell it- it's his great uncle's (who's dying). I would love to buy it but think I may just be out of my price range. It sounds as if they're on the rare side. I know everyone's so busy but I'm very new to this and just want to help my friend out- and be fair.
It's been in a barn for 3 years and needs to be cleaned up. Once we have a chance to get that done there will be pictures. I actually have some now but they're not entirely flattering...no rust though!
Is there anywhere anyone can point me so that I might find the fair market value for this awesome VW and/ or a buyer?
Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide. I really appreciate it!
Please respond to:[email protected]
Maggie
New Milford, CT

I recently came across a 1967 Campmobile in relatively good shape. I know it was imported from Germany and I'm wondering how I would go about putting a price on it. A friend of mine wants to sell it- it's his great uncle's (who's dying). I would love t
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
17 years ago
If I were in your situation, I would look through the classified ads on The Samba  for some buses in similar condition and spec to the one you want to sell.

This should give you a fair idea of what to ask - doesn't mean they all sell for the asking price, but it's somewhere to start! 😃
spg
17 years ago
First it would be good to confirm if it's German Westfalia or an American campmobile.

Campmobile made two models a basic and a deluxe, which could be fitted to panels, kombis and microbuses, and you could get them with various accessories. The easy way to tell the two models apart is that the deluxe came with a water pump and a cool box unit a chemical toilet and a two burner hob but these could have been lost a long time ago. It also had two fold down shelves one on the rear side load door and the other on the side of the unit just inside the front side door.

Cost all depends on condition and as to how original and complete it still is but as previously mentioned The samba.com would be an excellent starting point. A copy of the book VW camper- The inside story (ISBN 1-86126-763-0) may help to decide what you have.

A little knowledge is a good thing, except when in the hands of the stupid !