ianmac
10 years ago
I have been into vws for many years now and i decided i would like to add to the collection, after looking for a while for something original and pretty un-messed with like my '51 Beetle, i have had my eye on probably one of the nicest original UK supplied barndoor buses, which I have fortunately managed to obtain... Hope you all like it !

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RockStock
10 years ago
Cool bus
PO did well
Wicked headlining
Get Melliard to put the pinstripes back on it!
StockRocks
Old Blue
10 years ago
That certainly is a nice early bus:beer:

All I've ever noticed for sale are lowered with big engines and awful wheels.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
chrisbug91
10 years ago
That's lovely, do you know much of its history?
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
pre67vw
10 years ago
Lovely barndoor :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rattletrap
10 years ago
Great colour combination too:beer:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
ianmac
10 years ago

That's lovely, do you know much of its history?

chrisbug91 wrote:

It was purchased by Mr John Garden from Inverurie, Aberdeenshire in 1954, supplied through VW Motors Ltd in London. He owned it until 1975 and I have the details of every owner thereafter and a letter from each of them regarding their ownership of KAV 640.

A couple of articles of interest;

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 
59 Ragtop
10 years ago

Wonderful history. Great bus:thumbup:
Rattletrap
10 years ago

It was purchased by Mr John Garden from Inverurie, Aberdeenshire in 1954, supplied through VW Motors Ltd in London. He owned it until 1975 and I have the details of every owner thereafter and a letter from each of them regarding their ownership of KAV 640.

ianmac wrote:

What an in depth history. An early UK VW bus with a fascinating history and details, not unlike MRT 308 the early UK VW Beetle.:beer:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
chrisbug91
10 years ago

A couple of articles of interest;

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

ianmac wrote:

Fantastic history, I remember reading the article in Volksworld now.
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
ianmac
10 years ago

Cool bus
PO did well
Wicked headlining
Get Melliard to put the pinstripes back on it!

RockStock wrote:

Yes Grant did a great job to get the lower half back to the standard it needed, hopefully I can continue the good work along the same lines. I plan to repaint the roof and get the pinstripe put back on. Also planning a full underside resto of the bus in the winter.

Some pics of the lovely headliner :thumbup:

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 
kevsplitty
10 years ago
Lovely bus,seen ya at vik farm last year & a few other places8)
magoo
10 years ago
The 'reverse' colour scheme is a welcome sight.
RockStock
10 years ago
Looking like you're lovin' HO!

UserPostedImage
StockRocks
ianmac
10 years ago

Looking like you're lovin' HO!

UserPostedImage

RockStock wrote:

Yeah I always look that miserable :rofl: you want to see me on a really bad day lol
Scotty
10 years ago
Super bus, good to meet you at hessisch
ianmac
10 years ago
Cheers Scotty good to meet you too :beer:
Kids taxi
10 years ago
Hi ya Ian

It was great to meet up with You at Ebi after all these years , I look forward to catching up with You again

Also lovely looking bus my friend

Best wishes

KT
Im too Old for This
ianmac
9 years ago
After using KAV last summer, the winter was the time to provide a little TLC and make good some of the last 60 years wear....

A trip down to see Ben Lewis and crew saw this on the ramp...

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

Years of nasty repairs....

.UserPostedImage 

Cut out....

UserPostedImage 

And repaired....

UserPostedImage 

Invisible....

UserPostedImage 
ianmac
9 years ago
I built up the stock motor and added a little vintage power increase ...

.UserPostedImage 

The underside of the bus was stripped clean before being blasted with 2pack raptor textured paint in primer grey, the front beam was fully rebuilt, all new brakes, lines and bearings throughout resulted in this....

UserPostedImage 

Gearbox was gone through, modified the early nose cone to accept a late model hockey stick seal, and the reduction boxes were fully rebuilt with all new German bearings.

Motor back in....
UserPostedImage