AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
The problem is that I have just pulled two late bugs out of a garage that have been in there for nearly 9 years. The old chap wants to keep one. Now the car is a L H D 1973 car importerd in to the U/K and in the log book it says date of first Reg 1982. Now the Reg year has moved up a year for free Tax to made after 1974 is there a way to get a new logbook with the 1973 date in it. Has any one come across this??? Also its on Irish Plates. But is registerd in the U/K. Thanks

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
10 years ago
Andy,
I could be wrong, if someone out there knows I am, let us know...But I belive it is judged on date of manufacture not first reg, so should fall with-in the pre-tax bracket.

Regards Dale
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
Thanks Dale yes it is year of manufacter but its how to get it to say 73 on the log book. Bean out tonight and talked to some one who says he will need a heritage certificate to back up the evidence to submit to the D V L A.

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago
DVLA is usually happy with a VW birth certificate for imports as proof of age, so I'd assume it would be fine for this as well?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Kjell Roar
10 years ago
Adress to get BC:

https://automuseum.volkswagen.de/index.php?id=12&L=1 

:smile:
August 55 T1- one of the first 56' (# 30).