slammed54oval
10 years ago
hi all
can someone tell me if my 54 oval body will fit on a later chassis 60s? any help please
cheers
ken
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
jason1955
10 years ago
yes you can do this,if after originality swap the front suspension over with original one as latter have steering damper fitted unless you want better steering handling and not a fan of every bump on the road. you may have to get a different transaxle mount where the tail bolts up as im sure they slightly differed over the early years so just check
slammed54oval
10 years ago

yes you can do this,if after originality swap the front suspension over with original one as latter have steering damper fitted unless you want better steering handling and not a fan of every bump on the road. you may have to get a different transaxle mount where the tail bolts up as im sure they slightly differed over the early years so just check

jason1955 wrote:

thanks dude
will get started after the show season
cheers
ken
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
What´s up with your original pan? You may hurt the value of the car as it´s not going to be original any more. Are your pan halfs rotted out?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
slammed54oval
10 years ago

What´s up with your original pan? You may hurt the value of the car as it´s not going to be original any more. Are your pan halfs rotted out?

JD wrote:

hi
there not the best,i have tryed to find a 54 floor pans but the words hens teeth come to mind, this is why i was hopeing to go for a later,chassis,
thanks for your advise and you are right
thanks
ken
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago

hi
there not the best,i have tryed to find a 54 floor pans but the words hens teeth come to mind, this is why i was hopeing to go for a later,chassis,
thanks for your advise and you are right
thanks
ken

slammed54oval wrote:

There are decent pan halves available now. Not like the nasty old floppy repros that you used to get. I´d at least think about that first.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
jason1955
10 years ago
remember to keep the front seat slides as yours will be straight not angled and the battery box also as they moved slightly and if you look under your rear seat you will notice an area where the battery will sit snug under it and if you keep original back seat and the battery box being in a different position the terminals will contact with the seats frame, sorry i didnt mention it earlier but was having a mind block day
pre67vw
10 years ago
I agree with JD, get yourself some quality red pan halves and repair your current floorpan.

https://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Floor-pan-Half-Right 

But if you still want to swap, I might be interested in buying your '54 pan :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW