A_Lad_Insane
17 years ago
I was puttering around in photoshop, and I got the idea for this when I first saw the advertising for the new MkV GTI and its "Make Friends With Your Fast" slogan, and having browsed around this website for awhile, thought that the folks here might enjoy it... I actually joined the forum for pretty much the express purpose of posting it..

UserPostedImage

Made from the "Fast" wallpaper on VW.com

Changed the VW logo to the older-style one seen on the advertising sheets on here, and found a font that comes very close to the font used in same..
oh, and altered the "Fast" to make it appear a little friendlier..
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
17 years ago
Welcome to the forum...

err, stupid question - what is it? :oops:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
A_Lad_Insane
17 years ago
Thank you for the welcome!,
in answer to your question..
the original "creature" is an advertising dealy VW has created for the new GTI.. its a stylized Rabbit called a "Fast"

The original, for more direct comparison :

UserPostedImage

some of the ads on youtube

I think they might be US only, I live in Canada and haven't seen the commercials, but a friend of mine bought a new GTI, and got a Fast sent to him in the mail by VW

https://youtube.com/results?search=Make+Friends+With+Your+Fast&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Tried to make it clickable, but it wasn't working :cry:
A_Lad_Insane
17 years ago
Hmm.. I honestly thought more north americans visited here.. I suppose its not much to people who never got the original adverts..

ah well..

I still love the site!
pre67vw
17 years ago
We get a lot of North American visitors, roughly 50% of the website traffic is from the US - its just that not many stop by and say hello :?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
A_Lad_Insane
17 years ago
Well I finally decided that I'd make a contribution 🙂

though I don't HAVE a Beetle yet, due to my own problems with licensing... I've loved 'em since... well since I could talk really..

my folks had an orange '74(I think) when I was growing up, and we joke that my first words were "what is this, and when can I have one?"
Andy Sparks
17 years ago
keep the faith mate, your day will come, i grew up in a grey 1963.

:shock: Just keep it standard :shock:

You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
A_Lad_Insane
17 years ago
Very nice.. I've always had a soft spot for the '63s due in no small part I'm sure to loving Disney's Herbie movies when I was growing up..

probably the closest thing I'd do to customizing something like that would be to build a Herbie of my own 🙂

at least that way if the next owner doesn't care for that its no big deal to put it back to stock..
Dom
17 years ago
Beelte's are a bit like pringles. Once you pop you can't stop. Not with drum brakes anyhow :shock: :shock:
egspot
17 years ago

We get a lot of North American visitors, roughly 50% of the website traffic is from the US - its just that not many stop by and say hello :?

"pre67vw" wrote:

Count me in.

Burnaby BC Canada.  6035.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
Hi Emilio, welcome to the forum.
Looks like you've been changing your wheels a lot on your '64!

Which are the most recent wheels? 😃