RockStock
10 years ago
Anyone (UK) see it tonight?
BBC2, 9-10pm, episode 2 of 3?
About 50mins in, The Bull Ring shopping centre, Birmingham?
StockRocks
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Mike Peckham
10 years ago
Indeed, nice early Razor Edge on display along with a 1200 Beetle. Must have been a local Dealer Promotion?

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
pre67vw
10 years ago
A few screen caps from the iPlayer  bullring_1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  bullring_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  bullring_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  bullring_4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
RockStock
10 years ago
Pic 1 beige beetle, blue t3 or beetle?, blue notch, green t1 ghia coupe
Pic 2 as 1
Pic 3 red t3 ghia coupe
Pic 4 the beige beetle

5 VWs? 1965?

I'll take the Razor...
StockRocks
Rich Oakley
10 years ago
Great stills Chris/Rob. Just watched the clip on iplayer.

Smithfield VW must have been exhibiting their cars. Smithfield was a large dealer and the main VW distributor for the West Midlands. I recognise that part of the old Bull Ring interior and Smithfields showrooms in Digbeth were only ten minutes or so walk from there.

All cars appear to be 1965 models (this was the last year they sold the Notchback in the UK). The Bull Ring opened in May '64 so this would have been a few months later.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
RockStock
10 years ago
I did take some shots on my phone that i was going to upload, but robs are better (thanks!)
I thought youd like it, Rich. Must be some good primary pictures around somewhere. Would make for a nice feature.
Interesting seeing both ghia versions promoted.
StockRocks