Rattletrap
10 years ago
The American market was always a little different, or ahead of other countries, with their Beetle upgades. It was they who demanded the upright headlamps, that became the norm everywhere else after. Their early ones were still 6volt it seems. I have known of base models of around 1968 in Europe with uprights but 6volt. Has anyone here ever owned such a car:?:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
I have not but a friend of mine did have a 68 many years ago it seemed just like a 12 volt but was 6. I am going back to the early 80s here the color was a dark blue four stud wheels on drum brakes 1200cc. That's all i can remember about her.

Andy W
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Not owned but seen them in Germany. 6v up to 1975 on Standard cars IIRC.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rattletrap
10 years ago
I remember years ago Harvey Simpson telling me he'd seen such car in Belgium. Model was the 1200A as I think he said.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Sunroof53
10 years ago
I owned a 1973 ex german army beetle which was 6 v ,fuel gauge was a 60s mechanical type .looked like a base model 1200 with minimal headlining ,no chrome and blade bumpers.Also a lack of bonnet badge and trim ,only anodized side trim in black.Obviously it was olive drab being a military car.Sold it many years ago.