17 years ago
Any info on it? What year is it?
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
six-o-one
17 years ago
It's a '46 and it was featured in UltaVW a little while ago...

https://www.ultravw.com/reme.html 

😎  5895.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
17 years ago
UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
17 years ago
I think our pictures are better than the channel 4 ones!

5897.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
What about the Kdf in London,not the fake one but the ex-Richard Cotton car,it was either a 43 or 44.Came to the UK from the Grundmanns.
six-o-one
17 years ago
I was going to ask does anyone own an older one in the UK?

Any pictures?
zelensis61
17 years ago
Richard Cottons car was a 44 type 82 e and is now in USA where a hard core KDF fan is restoring it...

There is an amazing story in this months Hot VWs and dune buggy's.
After the car had changed handes from Grundmann over Richard C to the new owner, The Grundmanns found the original doors in the bassement where the previous owner in POLEN stored them???? The doors where replaced by '46 doors in the early years.
While missing the original engine the new owner scored in Hessisch Oldendorf meeting 1 enginecase out of 10 kdf engines the one and only 82e engine ( seems they are different from kubel en schwimmers)
The best part is that it is made in the same week and.....it is only 5 engine numbers away from the original engine...

Greetings, Peter.
( Rob , Still need to send you the promissed cash for the Dvd, Due vacation I forgott it, sorry :oops: , I work on it next week )

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
I always thought that Paul's '46 was the second oldest (used to be third oldest until Richard's KdF went to the US). Doesn't Rod's '46 have a lower chassis number??
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Andy Sparks
17 years ago
There was a KDF restored for a private museum, small picture in V/world a few years ago.

Don't Kubels, Swimers count? I know quite a few in this country.

You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
six-o-one
17 years ago
'Britain's oldest beetle' was the title of the Channel 4 gallery so Kubles and Schwimmwagens are out of the running! :wink:

Can you find out where that Volksworld pictured 82e is hiding?
:roll:
Standard split
17 years ago
Richard Cotton who had this car shipped in from the USA some years ago, offered me the chance to buy it from him. I had just bought his '44 KdF at the time (now in the USA), so I wasn't considering another car just yet. 🙂

The roof was badly damaged (possibly rolled). I think this may have put Richard off keeping the car. It's good that Paul has it, I think that he has the skill and determination to sort it out. :wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
KdF1
17 years ago
I'm the fellow zelensis61 was talking about. The former Richard Cotton 1944 type 82e you mentioned is the car I purchased and it now resides in the US. Actually Richard sold the car to John Miller, and I bought it from John. I made a promise to John that I would do the car proud, and I am. I've been accumulating the correct parts, always using originals whenever possible. The KdFs were so much different in every way from the later 46 and on Split, that it makes restoring one much more difficult.
I was told by VW collectors in the UK (those in the know) that this car was indeed the oldest beetle there at the time.
The photo is from when my KdF was in transit from the UK to the US. It was parked next to the 1st Ferrari (prototype) F140 to enter the US.
(kind of the fastest & slowest!)

Have a great Christmas everyone!

7988.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Restoring a Feb. 1944 KdF 82e
six-o-one
17 years ago
Hi,
Welcome to the pre'67 forum. 😃
Looks like an interesting project you have there!

I'ts a shame there ane no kdf beetles in the UK but there do seem to be plenty of Kubelwagens and Schwimmwagens around, but not at the VW shows.

Good luck finding the parts for your kdf and please keep us updated on your progress with plenty of pics! 😎

Malc
KdF1
17 years ago
Thanks very much. 😃 I will keep you guys informed of it's progress. Many people have been asking. It just takes a long time (and $) with these KdF's
I've been collecting the correct parts for 5 years now. (time sure flys!) I found most of the tough stuff so far. Mostly KdF engine parts is what I need. That's not too tough to find, as it's the same as kubelwagen.

I'm sure at some point a collector will find or purchase a Kdf in the UK.
It's just a matter of time.
There are some really hard-core VW Colletors in the UK, that's for sure!!!
Restoring a Feb. 1944 KdF 82e
Rich Oakley
17 years ago

There was a KDF restored for a private museum, small picture in V/world a few years ago.

"Andy Sparks" wrote:

Not in the UK.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
Does anybody know the chassis number of Paul B's car?
mooney3019
17 years ago
i know of a RHD 1946 with 1 owner from new sat in someones garden, oh and he has 2 more sat in storage that he paid £12.00 for in 1981,

i think this maybe the oldest original rhd in the uk
Andy Sparks
17 years ago

"Rich Oakley" wrote:

Not in the UK.

"Andy Sparks" wrote:

I'm sure it was in the UK at the time, i do not keep old copies on that magazine so cannot dig it out.
It was sent in in one of the letters pages. but it was a small picture, and i suppose could easily be a fake made to look older.

i'm sure the editor (maybe even Kieth at the time) said that they knew something about it, this was many many years ago.

You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
There was a Kdf restored in London 5 or so years ago.
The owner was Greek,it was returned to Greece on completion.
The small picture in Volksworld was taken by someone who just happened to be driving by, when the Kdf first saw the light of day after completion,it was outside the restorers workshop.
Your memory serves you correctly Andy. 😃