Kaizen
9 years ago
Hi all, could you help me? I am fitting a new coil to my 1960 6 volt ragtop Beetle, when I am standing at the rear of my car there is a harness on the left side of the engine which has 4 wires, one red, one blue, one dark green & one black, there is also a light green cable coming from the condesor. The coil has a positive and a negative terminal and there is also an oil pressure switch, could anybody tell me which cables go to where???? :roll:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
9 years ago

Hi all, could you help me? I am fitting a new coil to my 1960 6 volt ragtop Beetle, when I am standing at the rear of my car there is a harness on the left side of the engine which has 4 wires, one red, one blue, one dark green & one black, there is also a light green cable coming from the condesor. The coil has a positive and a negative terminal and there is also an oil pressure switch, could anybody tell me which cables go to where???? :roll:

Originally Posted by: Kaizen 

Black to the +ve side of the coil
Blue/green stripe to the oil pressure switch
Red to positive side of the regulator B+/51 terminal
Blue to 61 terminal on regulator

Green cable from condensor goes to the -ve side of the coil.

I'm in Nuneaton tomorrow afternoon if I can be of any assistance: [email protected]
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Kaizen
9 years ago
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your help, could you call me on 0771 402 8179, if you could pop round tomorrow that would be brilliant

Dave