ozymandias
9 years ago
Having not received the certificate I ordered five weeks ago, I emailed Wolfsburg yesterday and have been advised that the turnaround time is now 12 to 14 weeks. Whatever happened to German efficiency ?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
9 years ago
A friend of mine sent off for one and it took ages to turn up. I wonder if thay now have a third party doing the work for them ??????

Andy W
Rattletrap
9 years ago
What is the charge now for the cert:?:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
ozymandias
9 years ago

What is the charge now for the cert:?:

Originally Posted by: Rattletrap 

A heady 50 euros
Rattletrap
9 years ago

A heady 50 euros

Originally Posted by: ozymandias 

Ah for the days when it was free and deliverd quicker:roll:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
RockStock
9 years ago
Was 4 staff, now 1.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=600 

Also seem to remember something about VW starting to offer certificates for more recent cars. Maybe even water-cooled.
StockRocks
bigoval
9 years ago
I ordered mine and had it within a month!
vintagebug
9 years ago

Having not received the certificate I ordered five weeks ago, I emailed Wolfsburg yesterday and have been advised that the turnaround time is now 12 to 14 weeks. Whatever happened to German efficiency ?

People seem to be waiting for 18 weeks now.... 😞 I don't know whether to bother applying for mine- 50 euros is a lot of money for a piece of paper that you have to wait 18 weeks for. I appreciate that there is now only 1 person (part-time, as well) doing the work that previously was done by 4, but really VW should show some appreciation & commitment towards the vintage VW enthusiasts. After all, we are possibly more likely to show loyalty to the brand & buy newer models from VW if we enjoy the vintage ones and receive good customer service from VW- my daily driver is a modern VW. But if VW aren't bothered with the enthusiasts why should we bother buying their moden cars?

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Rattletrap
9 years ago

... but really VW should show some appreciation & commitment towards the vintage VW enthusiasts. After all, we are possibly more likely to show loyalty to the brand & buy newer models from VW if we enjoy the vintage ones and receive good customer service from VW- my daily driver is a modern VW. But if VW aren't bothered with the enthusiasts why should we bother buying their moden cars?

Originally Posted by: vintagebug 

Don't see that myself. People that hang on to long obsolete vehicles are a tiny amount of the population, and generally like myself hate modern traffic and are unlikely to buy new cars. I think that the modern offerings from VW are less inspiring than from many other manufacturers. The dated dull-looking Golf is an example, we wait in anticipation for the announced new model, and it really looks so much like the previous, lacking the wow factor and really uninspiring to look at. Even the French are producing more inspiring and eye-catching models.:thumbdn:
ozymandias
9 years ago

People seem to be waiting for 18 weeks now.... 😞 I don't know whether to bother applying for mine- 50 euros is a lot of money for a piece of paper that you have to wait 18 weeks for. I appreciate that there is now only 1 person (part-time, as well) doing the work that previously was done by 4, but really VW should show some appreciation & commitment towards the vintage VW enthusiasts. After all, we are possibly more likely to show loyalty to the brand & buy newer models from VW if we enjoy the vintage ones and receive good customer service from VW- my daily driver is a modern VW. But if VW aren't bothered with the enthusiasts why should we bother buying their moden cars?

Originally Posted by: vintagebug 

Received today, 17 weeks. The only reason I bought it was to help in the now difficult process of getting a registration number on a car that's been in the UK for years without being registered. I agree, it's not worth 50 euros otherwise - not only do they no longer tell you the engine number ('data protection'), but the delivery address just says 'Denmark', no dealership details. Very disappointing service from such a profitable company.

Old Blue
9 years ago

Don't see that myself. People that hang on to long obsolete vehicles are a tiny amount of the population, and generally like myself hate modern traffic and are unlikely to buy new cars. I think that the modern offerings from VW are less inspiring than from many other manufacturers. The dated dull-looking Golf is an example, we wait in anticipation for the announced new model, and it really looks so much like the previous, lacking the wow factor and really uninspiring to look at. Even the French are producing more inspiring and eye-catching models.:thumbdn:

Originally Posted by: Rattletrap 

Those of us that have to live in the real world and need to travel to work or school on a daily basis, require a safe and practical modern car for ourselves and children. The VW Golf fits that criteria.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
9 years ago

Received today, 17 weeks. The only reason I bought it was to help in the now difficult process of getting a registration number on a car that's been in the UK for years without being registered. I agree, it's not worth 50 euros otherwise - not only do they no longer tell you the engine number ('data protection'), but the delivery address just says 'Denmark', no dealership details. Very disappointing service from such a profitable company.

It seems that data protection has gone mad. Must not give out more than the minimal information now we are told.

However, for example, most of us here post under an anonymous username, as we prefer to keep information about ourselves to a minimum for security and safety. So likewise we have to accept the reluctance of organisations to give out full information - it could lead to something that could perhaps link to something else that could land them in trouble.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

vintagevw
9 years ago
Recieved mine after 19 weeks!
Now they added the original enginenumber! :-)
This wasn't possible for a long time;:beer:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
PRE57VW
9 years ago
I ordered one of these Birth certificates for my 1953 Oval in 2006 and was very disappointed back then with the lack of information and even some detail was blatantly wrong. All 1953 models where produced with a 25bhp engine but in the section for engine number it says ( not available ) but specifies that it was a 30bhp 1.2 litre . I know the engine number as it is on the registration document and the original speedo with the gear change marks for 25bhp units is still in the vehicle. In the section for Colour it says ( not mentioned ) !!!...It has got the correct vin number on it but I gave them that !
nicolass
9 years ago
What about the M code numbers .
I got 2 M code on my birth certificate
Never find a M code with this numbers
My zwitter is L36 azurbleu and when i buy this car from the first owner it has the Original upholstery in it ( haringbone grey )
But the Factory mention the upholstery was red leather ?????????

It's a shame they ask 50 euro for a paper with this non information
Old Blue
9 years ago
I'm going to apply for a certificate for the oval, so I'm in for a long wait I guess. Original documents with the car say its a 1956, the Samba list the chassis number as October 1955.

nicolass
9 years ago

I'm going to apply for a certificate for the oval, so I'm in for a long wait I guess. Original documents with the car say its a 1956, the Samba list the chassis number as October 1955.

Originally Posted by: Old Blue 

Time to wait for your certificate 6-7 month on this moment
Old Blue
9 years ago

Time to wait for your certificate 6-7 month on this moment

Originally Posted by: nicolass 

Good thing we don't need it urgently for registration purposes for example.

We obtained a BL Heritage certificate for our Minor saloon in 5 weeks and for our Mini in just one month.

Old Blue
9 years ago
Well I've sent off. Something to look forward to getting next spring...