Pricivius
10 years ago
I'm looking at the possibility of removing my Zwitter's Newbury interior and replacing it with the repro original material. The only things missing are the metal strips from the door cards. Any suggestions where I could obtain some?

Thanks in advance.
Dawn
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Lost64
10 years ago
Hi,

Are you looking for the trim strip that goes on the door cards? If so, Wolfsburg West do excellent stainless steel replacements, as well as the clips to secure them. You could also try Karmann Konnection. Second hand ones are very hard to come by, and are usually damaged.

Good luck!

Gavin.
Pricivius
10 years ago
Thanks for your help.

Just to check, I've been advised that the correct interior for a pastel green January 1953 car would be the beige/brown fabric, as opposed to the grey version. Does anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks in advance...
Dawn
RoRoVw
10 years ago
The replacement upholstery material that you already have is definitely correct for your car. It should be herringbone pattern in grey/beige (sometimes referred to as grey/brown). If you compare what you have to a purely grey fabric you'll see that in fact it does appear to be beige or light brown. The predominantly brown or beige material is not the one for your car.
Cheers,
Rob.
Pricivius
10 years ago
Thanks, Rob. The material I have sadly met with an accident following a failure to recognise what it was by a family member. It is no longer fit for purpose so I need to procure replacement fabric.

I have enquired on the samba as there is a lengthy thread about zwitter interior fabric. I have requested a sample so will compare it with the remains of the damaged material. The thing is, the samba material is herringbone but looks more beige/biscuit, akin to the carpeting and the samba guys reckon it's right for a pastel green zwitter. Maybe it's the vagaries of cameras and the Internet and it's actually fine!

Thanks again.
Dawn
RoRoVw
10 years ago
Oh no!
The damaged material was certainly correct and came from Himmel Service in Hamburg. I think it would be a good idea to source the same again from them. Sadly it's fairly expensive so I hope the family member responsible will be picking up the bill!
Good luck.
Rob.
Old Blue
10 years ago

Hi,

Are you looking for the trim strip that goes on the door cards? If so, Wolfsburg West do excellent stainless steel replacements, as well as the clips to secure them. You could also try Karmann Konnection. Second hand ones are very hard to come by, and are usually damaged.

Good luck!

Gavin.

Originally Posted by: Lost64 

The ones in our oval are a bit creased. But I think its best to maintain original rather than go to the expense of the remade ones.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Pricivius
9 years ago
Dragging this thread up to ask for some help, if possible.

The herringbone in grey is on its way from Himmelservice and the metal strips will also be here shortly.

But... what is it supposed to look like?!!! I've found a few photos online, but it's difficult to know what's original and what's not. For example, as the car is a deluxe, would there have been vinyl piping and a vinyl band at the bottom of the door cards? If so, would this have been brown or grey?

Thanks in advance for any help getting this right... :thumbup:

Dawn