AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
8 years ago
If some one was looking to buy a Heb in say non original condition. What prices are we looking at ?? I know its a loaded question but what do you think ?? Also is there any for sale at the moment. As I say not in original condition. :wink:

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
8 years ago
Thats such as hard question to answer, it all depends on how 'unoriginal' it is, whether the owner knows anything about Hebs etc. and who else is in the market for the same car.

I don't know of any for sale at the moment...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
8 years ago
Say non original floor pan engine Transaxle seats etc etc as long as the body is something like .

Andy W
heb623
8 years ago
Trust me: Stil expensive!!!:rofl:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
AW
  • AW
8 years ago
But what dose one call expensive ?? Early 356s etc you can get an idea of what you will have to pay but if you were looking for a Heb there is no info on what they are worth.

Andy W
pre67vw
8 years ago
The problem is that not many get sold, so it's difficult to get an average or an idea of appreciation. There have been a few split Karmann cabrios sold recently which are in a similar league to the Heb, that's probably the best price guide you can use.

It has been said in the past that the price of Hebs is similar to early 356's, so that might be used as a rough guide as well.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
8 years ago
Thanks for that Rob :thumbup: at least that is something to go on.

Andy W :wink:
zelensis61
8 years ago
First of all, you need to be sure that it is a real heb. I can tell you if details are sent to me.
Then, you have to find out what is original, what not.
Then you need to find out what price is asked, what are you willing to pay.
I was offered once a basket case heb for 18 K . 10 years ago. Last one in that condition that was offered. I let it go as it was to much work. I regret it now. I was one day to late for a 10 K baske case also the same time. That was cheap but I need to say , the only heb part was the roof, rear scuttle and engine cover. Rest was karmann. The last driveble heb that was for sale is the french one.... It was more than 100 K. The last restored one was around 200 K.

I can say that I have tracked down all hebs the last 15 years... I have seen lot's come up for sale, and all of them are sold.

Maybe I can help you out iff needed. I know e few for sale now...not in advertise but mouth to mouth advertisement.... and only to a chosen few.
Greetings.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
AW
  • AW
8 years ago
Thanks for the offer "Zellensis61" I will send you a P/M :thumbup:

Andy W
AW
  • AW
8 years ago
Seen at Goodwood but is it a real one ????

Andy W  red heb.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
8 years ago
Nope, it's Alastair Pether's steel replica

https://www.pether.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/VW/hebmuller.html 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW