JULIANROBINSON
8 years ago
Whilst sorting my Domed hubcap collection looking for hubcaps for my '62.... I noticed one was dated 1954 ...

I've never noticed a date stamp on a Hubcap before... does anyone know when they stopped doing this?

Cheers

Julian

www.vwoval.co.uk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
8 years ago
Where on the hubcap appears the date stamp Julian?

BTW How's LOW coming along:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
JULIANROBINSON
8 years ago

Where on the hubcap appears the date stamp Julian?

BTW How's LOW coming along:wink:

Originally Posted by: Rattletrap 

The stamp is on the rim.. never seen it before..

I'll get a pic..

LOW is stalled at the moment.. but safe and dry. chassis done but waiting for a 1953 bonnet (cant find one anywhere) so we can move on with the bodywork... one will turn up...
www.vwoval.co.uk
Rattletrap
8 years ago

The stamp is on the rim.. never seen it before..

I'll get a pic..

Originally Posted by: JULIANROBINSON 

Will be interesting. I'm assuming its stamped into the metal rather than stamped on (like an ink stamp).

LOW is stalled at the moment.. but safe and dry. chassis done but waiting for a 1953 bonnet (cant find one anywhere) so we can move on with the bodywork... one will turn up...

Originally Posted by: JULIANROBINSON 

Very interested in the outcome of LOW, a very significant Beetle to me. Shame the original bonnet is not useable.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
JULIANROBINSON
8 years ago
Spent an exciting afternoon yesterday finding and cleaning the rims of genuine hubcaps in the search for stamps...

I took a lot of photos and will upload them soon...

All is not as it would seem...

Some are stamped and some are not...

Pics to follow..

:)

www.vwoval.co.uk