Are you still about any up-dates ?? UserPostedImage

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
5 years ago

I was wondering about this the other day, after the piece in VolksWorld.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Fiber Split
5 years ago

What was that ?

Andy W

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
5 years ago

On the inside back page, a few months back, they did a bit of a write up about the car. I think the issue has a yellow 1302 on the front.

UserPostedImage
mrmagyar
5 years ago

I'd be interested to see it again. Must be way over 20 years ago since I last did.

1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Old Blue
5 years ago

On the inside back page, a few months back, they did a bit of a write up about the car. I think the issue has a yellow 1302 on the front.

Originally Posted by: JD 

Yes I saw that too, so I've come back to have a new look at the Rattletrap saga. but it's gone?

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
TimP
5 years ago

The rattletrap thread was a good read, does anyone know the owner? It would be great to have him post on here again.

bigoval
5 years ago

The huge thread about rattletrap is in the "archived" section of the forum....

TimP
5 years ago

The huge thread about rattletrap is in the "archived" section of the forum....

Originally Posted by: bigoval 

Yep I read it start to finish, would the owner still be on here or has everyone gone 😕

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
5 years ago

Found an old VW Motoring with an article about Rattletrap the other day, when it was still owned by Tony Levy.

UserPostedImage
TimP
4 years ago

Found an old VW Motoring with an article about Rattletrap the other day, when it was still owned by Tony Levy.

Originally Posted by: JD 

Yep I think I remember reading that although I guess Tony wrote many articles.

did it have a picture of Tony leaning on the car and looking up to the camera above?

Old School
4 years ago

The rattletrap thread was a good read, does anyone know the owner? It would be great to have him post on here again.

Originally Posted by: TimP 

It certainly was, and still is. Can we have it back 'live', it was entertaining, and tongue-in-cheek fun. Maybe the owner will add some more of those cartoons and pearls of wisdom - the reason I used to visit this site. I also remember the days when Tony had the car, and how he ruffled a few feathers among the 'know-it-alls'!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
4 years ago

Strangely quiet....John was never what you'd call reticent when it came to writing about his car.

UserPostedImage
Old School
4 years ago

The car is up for sale at £75k on the web, way out of my price range. I'd love to go and just see it, but the seller wants £20 to view it! Why charge people to come and look at something you are selling!!

pre67vw
4 years ago

The car is up for sale at £75k on the web, way out of my price range. I'd love to go and just see it, but the seller wants £20 to view it! Why charge people to come and look at something you are selling!!

Originally Posted by: Old School 

To put off people who want to go see it and have no interest in buying it, maybe to check on chassis numbers?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW