klaus53
2 years ago
Hey everyone,

It's been an age since I was last on here!

When the world is finally open again I'd like to visit the Wolfsburg museum. It's for my best mate's 50th, we used to both have Java Green 65' bugs in the 90's - he sold his years ago, I'm now only 4th, a 61' Ragtop.

Anyway, just doing a bit of initial research - anyone one on here done this before and have any suggestions for places to visit / stay on the way there / back?

Cheers,

Mark
1961 Type 1/11
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
2 years ago
Sounds great!

I had a very short visit to AutoStadt and was only there for half a day, I felt like I missed loads - spent the other half at the old stiftung museum which was really good. More VWs at the Stiftung but more variety at the AutoStadt.

This was quite a few years ago now, so things may have changed, I don’t know. Would love to go back myself!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
klaus53
2 years ago
Thanks!

I had an email from the museum yesterday saying the hope to have reopened by Aug, fingers crossed!

1961 Type 1/11
pre67vw
2 years ago
VW Have created a virtual view of the old museum:

https://www.automuseum-volkswagen.de/en/360-rundgang/die-virtuelle-kaefer-ausstellung.html 

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
ct
  • ct
2 years ago
Just reading this post now and picking up the reference to the ‘65 Java green bugs. I’m starting the restoration of one now that I’ve had for around 8 years and interested in its earlier history. We’re either of the Java greens you refer to NWC 169C ?