SkidMarkII
17 years ago
Hello people,

I have listed below some of the kits I can supply. With details of whats in them and so on.

Chassis washer kit £35.80

All parts are stainless and made by me. 26 pointed chassis bolts (4 extra for the rear cross member). 22 chassis washers. 4 large bolts for the front bulk head. 4 large penny washers. 4 small penny washers (for the rear cross member). I will be looking at a McPherson strut beetle soon to figure out what is needed on these cars.

Door kit early bug £7.40

All parts are in stainless. 16 allen key head bolts for door hinge. 6 allen key head bolts for the lock latches.

Door kit late bug £6.00

As above but with 12 instead of 16.

Wing kit £9.00

All the parts are stainless 36 bolts and washers. Full kit to do your wings.

Rear suspension kit £ varies

This kit has 8 bolts and spring washers for the torsion bar covers, all in stainless. Body to chassis rear mount bolt and washer in stainless. The 6 bolts, spring washers and nuts to do the spring arm, these are not stainless but are high tensile zinc plated items. They look like stainless, but with time they will rust like the normal bolts. You can also chip the plating off when installing the items, hell if your socket is worn it can feck it up, what I am trying to say is you have to be carefull with them and they will not last like the stainless. This kit comes in at £7.60

Now the intersting part. I can do the above kit but the spring plate parts are out of titanium. This is not cheap but if like me you want to know everything on the car is going to be easy to undo for your kids when they restore the car again its what you need. The only problem is it adds a whooping £120.00 to the kit price!!!!!! So for £127.60 you get the stainless and titanium treatment if you want it.

Postage

I can send upto 2 kilos with Royal mail for £7.40. This is guaranteed delivery and the parcell is insured, and to be honest the only way I will send the stuff as we all know what the post can be like.

Notes

This is as far as I have got with the kits so far. I will be making running board kit, engine kit, beam kit (again some of this will be titanium so be warned lol) petrol tank fixing kit.

I would like to point out that if you went to the suppliers to get these kits you would pay through the roof for them. All I am trying to do is make the cost of restoring cheaper any way I can.

If you are interested in any of the above please mail me on

[email protected]

putting chassis washers in the subject so I know its safe to open it. If you have any ideas of kits you would like can you mail me and I will see what I can do. Also if I have missed any bits out forgive me as I am using my 2 cars as a sample so things maybe missing. This is not a scam either I have already supplied some kits to people off this web site. I am planning on looking at a fastback, squareback and a bay window in the near future to see what we can do on them as well.

Thanks for looking

Skids
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
SkidMarkII
17 years ago
Messed up post was seeing if the picture worked below sorry. Not very good with computers :lol:

Skids
SkidMarkII
17 years ago
UserPostedImage

Just a piccy of the kit. It shows one half of the kit less 2 washers to do the left hand side of my car, when I get round to it. Incase anyone needed to see what was in the kit.

Skids
SkidMarkII
17 years ago
Take a look at the link for updates on the kits

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?p=2886467#post2886467 

Cheers

Skids
SkidMarkII
17 years ago
New link for you as the other ones have gone. Sorry I have not been around but I been rather busy sorting things out

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?p=2926585#post2926585 

Have fun

Skids
SkidMarkII
17 years ago
Got some pictures up now of some of the kits for you to all look at.

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=304339 

Skids
SkidMarkII
17 years ago
Will be at the Split Screen owners bash and Slough Swapmeet if anyone wants anything at these meets. Will also be giving out flyers galore lol.

Skids