overrestored
17 years ago
I just got back from the Solvang show here in California... Mark Merz had his new Black Creme Heb there... I think it is a car from Europe... But I don't know. It is a very nice car

A brown and tan heb was there too... new to the US fresh from Japan. It needs re-restoring but is all there. It had stickers on the rear quarter panel from various Japanese dealers. I have seen it in Magazines in the 80's from Japan. It's former Japanese owner has two other hebs I think.

Best of all was Dick Christiansen's D&S. Absolutely fantastic car. Just finished before the show. SPECTACULAR restoration... they are still just getting all the little bits sorted out as this has been a VERY long resto. It is a beautiful deep azure blue... kind of like the Sea Blue 66 bus color.... with a dark tan interior. Porsche 356A brakes and 16 inch slotted porsche wheels.

I am sorry but I didn't have a camera... perhaps somebody else does. I am just happy to see 3 new cars I am not familiar with.
protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
17 years ago
Sounds like a great show, love to see some photos though!! Interesting that Heb #93 is now in the US, if you can find someone who took a camera :roll: I'd love to add the photos to the site here 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
2splits
17 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
six-o-one
2splits
17 years ago

Some cool cars!

Are there many D&Ss in the US?

:roll:

UserPostedImage

"six-o-one" wrote:

Tons of them. I see them all over the road. :)

Actually, I've seen two over here.
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
overrestored
17 years ago
That is me in the long Sleeve blue shirt... talking to Dick Christensen (owner) in the yellow sweater ... in that first photo of the D&S.

There are 4(maybe5) D&S cars in the US... 3 if you are really picky... as one is technically an Auto Technic... the predicessor of Dannenhauer and Stauss.
The others are... one in New Jersey... (actually possibly two), one in Arizona... (The car at Solvang), one at Lenny's shop that will shortly be in Japan if it isn't there already (flat Four) and then the Auto technic in New Mexico.

Eric  6626.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
protect me from what I want
SplitPersonality
17 years ago
Great car by CHristensen and his team! Good to finally see it on the road.

Here is the New Jersey car - wonderful wonderful! After coming from Mexico, this one sat next to the blue one in Dick's garage for reference back in the late 90ies.

"Rumors" say that the "possibly New Jersey D&S" is actually "a real, but rusty one in North Carolina". I believe we saw some forum activity on the rusty one a while back, but can not remember where. Anyone?  6627.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.