overrestored
17 years ago
I recently was shown a copy of the 1956 Palm Springs Road Races and Concours brochure. It features an advertisement for Jack Berman's "British Motor Car Company" on Wilshire Blvd. in Beverly Hills California.

The ad describes that the dealer sells Denzel and Rometsch cars.... and features photos of a Denzel and a Beeskow. The Beeskow photo is of MY CAR! I am certain of it because of a few odd details.

When I was restoring the car... I found a small dashboard "Entrants badge" from this same Palm Springs Concours inside the bottom of one of the doors so it is great to get a copy of the brochure.

I am one step closer to knowing the original owner of my car... The hunt continues.

Eric

protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
17 years ago
Very cool!! Any chance of a pic? :D

Bit of an odd name for a company? Rometsch & Denzel are not the most 'British' cars I can think of :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Tina
17 years ago

Almost everybody converted already to a RELICTHUNTER
Happy HUNTING

Tina and the Shark HUNTERS
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
brille52
17 years ago
NOW THAT`S AMAZING,GILLES !!!!!
Incredible !!

I never believed,that it might be possible,to put together the history of a car in such a perfect way !!! WoW !!

All the BEST for your hunt,Eric !! Yours is a very COOL story too !!

I think, I have to stay up a little earlier and start to do some homework about my cars !!

andreas 😎
overrestored
17 years ago
I will shortly get a copy of the entire brochure... but here is a photo of the ad. Elsewhere in this brochure it shows that my car was entered in both the concours and in the roadrace! What idiot would roadrace a Beeskow!

8686.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
protect me from what I want
fantakid
17 years ago
Hello Andreas,
the papers from Beeskow54 came from our Rometsch archiv. For some cars we have all documents.
Bye Christian
brille52
17 years ago
Well,that`s simply FANTASTIC,Christian !
That someone keeps that order for such a long time and then it would help to make the history of a restored car complete....GREAT !

BUT..:
why does this never happen to me ? Maybe you can check " a little bit " in your archive and may find out, what elephants and Rometsches have in common ? :lol: :wink: ..the body number is well known,so,-Hope is the last thing to die...

ciao
andreas 😎