Hebster52
17 years ago
What kind of horns were used on Pre-49 bugs?

Would this be correct?

Snowflake KdF? horn. 
The HebsterWerks.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
17 years ago
I would use this type for your car...(I would say that, wouldn't I?!) :wink:  8725.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Hebster52
17 years ago
Ok. I was thinking that would be more correct too. Not the twisted as I posted. Have to keep looking... :wink:
The HebsterWerks.
48REME
17 years ago
If it's for your hardtop Radcliffe roadster, weren't there two horns like this, set inside the front wings in place of horngrills? Also, I seem to remember from photos that they were set flush with the surface?
I may well be wrong...I'm sure I've seen an early prototype car like this though...
pre67vw
17 years ago
He's not building a radclyffe replica, its a replica of heb prototype number 1...

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
17 years ago
Soz! It looks set in the wing, doesn't it? Definitely chromed too...
Hebster52
17 years ago
Yes, true Rob. Thanks for pointing that out. I've been on vacation to Gran Canaria so I've been offline for a while.

The horn is flush to the wing and chromed. I would need to find a very good horn that I could strip the paint off the face and chromeplate it... :wink:

Looks to be the same type as 48REME posted anyways 😃
The HebsterWerks.
Hebster52
17 years ago
This arrived in the mailbox last week. It is not a VW mirror obviously but close enough. I will just have to make a new mount for it as it will be mounted on the dash.

Yes, on the dash as the first prototype had the mirror mounted on the dash, not on the windscreen frame as all the later oned had. :wink:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
The HebsterWerks.
Hebster52
17 years ago
And these arrived today in the mailbox!! 😃

Thanks Gary (Brezelwerks)

UserPostedImage
The HebsterWerks.