gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago
i,ll be there with a proper beam on the oval!! at long last. 🙂
Chris
17 years ago
With a bit of luck I should be there.... :wink:

Go on George, can I drive the '47......please, please, please..

(I'm prepared to grovel if you want..... :oops: )

:roll:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
48REME
17 years ago
I am ready to roll...and rehearsing for Bad Camberg...
Who else?  9254.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
17 years ago

Who else?

"48REME" wrote:

Gulp.. i just need a few more hours .. :shock:

No beetles at Stanford for us, I think we are taking some pikeywagon vans unfortunately :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
1958 Harry
17 years ago
I'm there, got Harry entered into Concourse - tho I doubt he'll win anything!
Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj
356boy
17 years ago

Who else?

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Gulp.. i just need a few more hours .. :shock:

No beetles at Stanford for us, I think we are taking some pikeywagon vans unfortunately :lol:

"48REME" wrote:

can i leave my goodies with you saturday night so i dont have to load up sunday, i also need those stall/entrance tickets :wink:
plenty of room in the pikeywagon for my stuff, oh and dont pinch any of my space :twisted: :lol:
mrsherbie
17 years ago

can i leave my goodies with you saturday night so i dont have to load up sunday, i also need those stall/entrance tickets :wink:
plenty of room in the pikeywagon for my stuff, oh and dont pinch any of my space :twisted: :lol:

"356boy" wrote:

I actually have no idea what we are going in yet, original plan was the 'new' caravan' behind the freshly restored Bay pickup (proper pikey style and no messing!:lol:) but we need to do some work on it and have no time at the mo!
You've got pm!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
Anyone know any good camp sits near by? i am having a lot of issues with finding one.

yes i know it is late but i was expecting that i would have moved to Devon by this weekend, and that hasn't happened.

Cheers

Andy
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
six-o-one
16 years ago
Not that near the SH (30-45mins) but if you want to cruise up with us from MK at 8am on Sunday...

https://newport-pagnell.org.uk/Category.asp?cat=790 

Or I have a sofa!
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
Hiya mate unfortunatly there are a few of us (6 or 7) and everywhere seems to be full as it is a B/H weekend, or 3 days bookig onl at about £60. This one doesn't take tents. :cry:

Damn Santa Pod changing the weekend for Big Bang (it was easy then).

looks like i shall be leaving early, and not with the Okrasa in as well, so at least i will not get hammered on the 40mph on the M1.

Andy Sparks
16 years ago
opps forgot to say thanks mate.

You in your special car?
six-o-one
16 years ago
Picked the Heb up this morning and it decided to break down on the way home. :cry:

It seems to have been a fuel problem. It cut out then I re-started it and it would tick over but as soon as you touched the pedal it died again.

If you pulled the choke out it would run okay so I started to drive again like that ( only about a qtr of a mile as I was almost home) but the fault then cleard and it was perfect again! It's a reconditioned carb which hasn't got many miles on it yet.

I'm thinking it was just some dirt in a jet somewhere but the trip to Stanford Hall may be interesting if it wasn't!

Any ideas? :? :?
48REME
16 years ago
This is so strange because I had EXACTLY the same problem with my old Belgian 52 Standard as I was driving it down to Southampton once.
I also pulled the choke and then it cleared up. In my case, I still had a good thirty odd miles to get there but still made it. It never did it again... :shock:
Bert53
16 years ago
Hi Malc,
Mine did the same thing after the carb had been stood with no fuel in for 6 months. Could be dirt in the jet or, more likely, there is a small ball valve in the accelerator pump on the carb which sticks as it gets clogged up with residue. This usually clears when fresh petrol gets through, but when it does stick, it means that if you put your foot sharply on the accelerator the engine can die as there isn't enough fuel and too much air.

See you at Stanford 😃 😃

John
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
We have had a simlar issue, it worked out that the fuel pipe had decayed, and a bit of rubber had come off.

You do need to be careful with cars that are sat, as fuel can sit there and rot the pipes, as i found out to my horror 3 weeks ago. the pipe was only a year old. :shock:
six-o-one
16 years ago
I think I'll change the pipes before setting off for Bad Camberg just to be safe.

Andy Sparks
16 years ago

I think I'll change the pipes before setting off for Bad Camberg just to be safe.

"six-o-one" wrote:

For the tenner it will cost you, it could cost you a lote more than wasted fuel. I've done mine now, i had 1 go under the petrol tank.