356boy
16 years ago
i will adjust my front beam back to stock for HO :lol:

who's donna kebab? :roll:
Chris
16 years ago
I don’t usually get involved with the in-depth threads, as I like to have a laugh and not take things too seriously. But I’m now bored with all the discussion about what should be eligible for HO and thought I’d have my penny’s worth.

Firstly, this is a pre67 website catering for stock vehicles. It’s not meant for the Cal lookers or the Restocal brigade, they have their own sites. Having said that, it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate RestoCal cars, some are really nice and the amount of work gone into them is tremendous, but if I wanted to see pictures of them or discuss them I’d go onto their website. To be honest, the same can be said for Porsches. I like stock, pre 67 volkswagens, that’s why I post here.

Secondly, Hessisch Oldendorf. Let’s be honest, Christian and co. put on what is without doubt the best (vintage) show in the world. It has been for a number of years now and I think he knows a winning formula when he sees one. Yes, we’d all like it be specific to our own tastes and in my own opinion I’d like to see stock vehicles only. But that’s all it is, my opinion. We all have one, if everyone thought the same, what a boring place it would be. Arguing over what should be allowed isn’t getting anybody anywhere; it’s like the Chuckle Brothers on here, T’me, T’you, T’me, T’you. He has a criteria for the show and people should respect that. If your car is not eligible, then I’m sorry but you know the rules, and no matter how nice your car is, or rare, no matter what we say on here, they’re the rules. There’s not a lot we can do to change things and yes, I know Christian posts on here, but I don’t think this thread will influence him much.

If people have to drive their lowered cars or buses to the show, fine, but leave them in the car parks on the edge of town. As stated previously, we wouldn’t take our stock cars to a modified show, it wouldn’t fit in. HO is one of the last true vintage/stock shows there is in Europe, why can’t people accept it for what it is, a show for vintage enthusiasts put on by vintage enthusiasts. If people don’t want to see rows of black ovals then don’t go. I don’t want to see modified cars so I don’t go to BugJam or the VolksWorld show, it’s as simple as that. I spoke to a couple of people on the ferry to BC and they didn’t have a clue what BC was about. They were only going because it was Bad Camberg, the name drew them. On the return journey, they expressed how disappointed they were in the show as it was full of Stock cars and no modified stuff. IMHO, good, let’s hope they don’t come to HO. Or if they do, they know what to expect.

The same can be said of the proposed Lavenham show. A criteria for vehicles has been laid down, pre 67 stock Volkswagens only. It can’t be much clearer than that. If your car has been lowered then please don’t expect to show it. Park it in one of the visitor car parks by all means, but not in the town square. Sending a picture of your car when you register is one way of vetting the applicants. Turning them away at the entrance without a refund is another. They’ll soon get the message. Should they have done that at BC, well we could discuss that for ever. As stated earlier, T’me, T’you, T’me, T’you.

There, said it. Now can we have the next topic please……….

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Stock - can't get much clearer than that?

Really?

No Okrasa then. No Judsons. No 356 drums...and so on... been here before haven't we? How fascistic do you want to get about what "stock" is? Do you want to draw the line or shall I?

Lets just let the Grundmanns do their stuff. It'll be great I'm sure.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
16 years ago

I don’t usually get involved with the in-depth threads, as I like to have a laugh and not take things too seriously. But I’m now bored with all the discussion about what should be eligible for HO and thought I’d have my penny’s worth.

Firstly, this is a pre67 website catering for stock vehicles. It’s not meant for the Cal lookers or the Restocal brigade, they have their own sites. Having said that, it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate RestoCal cars, some are really nice and the amount of work gone into them is tremendous, but if I wanted to see pictures of them or discuss them I’d go onto their website. To be honest, the same can be said for Porsches. I like stock, pre 67 volkswagens, that’s why I post here.

Secondly, Hessisch Oldendorf. Let’s be honest, Christian and co. put on what is without doubt the best (vintage) show in the world. It has been for a number of years now and I think he knows a winning formula when he sees one. Yes, we’d all like it be specific to our own tastes and in my own opinion I’d like to see stock vehicles only. But that’s all it is, my opinion. We all have one, if everyone thought the same, what a boring place it would be. Arguing over what should be allowed isn’t getting anybody anywhere; it’s like the Chuckle Brothers on here, T’me, T’you, T’me, T’you. He has a criteria for the show and people should respect that. If your car is not eligible, then I’m sorry but you know the rules, and no matter how nice your car is, or rare, no matter what we say on here, they’re the rules. There’s not a lot we can do to change things and yes, I know Christian posts on here, but I don’t think this thread will influence him much.

If people have to drive their lowered cars or buses to the show, fine, but leave them in the car parks on the edge of town. As stated previously, we wouldn’t take our stock cars to a modified show, it wouldn’t fit in. HO is one of the last true vintage/stock shows there is in Europe, why can’t people accept it for what it is, a show for vintage enthusiasts put on by vintage enthusiasts. If people don’t want to see rows of black ovals then don’t go. I don’t want to see modified cars so I don’t go to BugJam or the VolksWorld show, it’s as simple as that. I spoke to a couple of people on the ferry to BC and they didn’t have a clue what BC was about. They were only going because it was Bad Camberg, the name drew them. On the return journey, they expressed how disappointed they were in the show as it was full of Stock cars and no modified stuff. IMHO, good, let’s hope they don’t come to HO. Or if they do, they know what to expect.

The same can be said of the proposed Lavenham show. A criteria for vehicles has been laid down, pre 67 stock Volkswagens only. It can’t be much clearer than that. If your car has been lowered then please don’t expect to show it. Park it in one of the visitor car parks by all means, but not in the town square. Sending a picture of your car when you register is one way of vetting the applicants. Turning them away at the entrance without a refund is another. They’ll soon get the message. Should they have done that at BC, well we could discuss that for ever. As stated earlier, T’me, T’you, T’me, T’you.

There, said it. Now can we have the next topic please……….

"SDV" wrote:

Seems to me like a perfect place to leave this thread...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW