356boy
16 years ago
X2 see you there kevin, i'll let you buy me a drink :lol:
pre67vw
16 years ago

Lowered cars with big engines and so on will be standing a other street seperated from stock cars. We are a vintage show and that is what we want to stay.

"fantakid" wrote:

Thats what we like to hear!! I was beginning to worry...

How are your parents now?

Rob.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lou cypher
16 years ago

Hi,
no we do not take part at the Bug In. (BBT has lend the car from us )
The taxi will be restaured next year to stock ( like it left Rometsch 1952 as a split )
We discused in the HO team how we will make the show 2009 and we line up the cars like we had ( one street Oval , one street busses ,... ) but these cars have to be stock .
Lowered cars with big engines and so on will be standing a other street seperated from stock cars. We are a vintage show and that is what we want to stay.
Bye Christian

"fantakid" wrote:

Hey Christian,

This is what we want to here, I have been there since the beginning when it was low key with just a few cars in the square. even though it has now grown into the success that it has you have never let your standards drop, only raising the bar each time.

WE KNEW WE COULD COUNT ON YOU

YOUR THE MAN :lol:

Maybe 356boy can buy everyone a 'Swedish kebab'
356boy
16 years ago

Maybe 356boy can buy everyone a 'Swedish kebab'

i dont think sinbad will be in HO :lol: :lol:
fantakid
16 years ago
Hi,
thanks - my parents are everyday getting better and my dad will get back home by end of next week and my mother in 3 weeks.
The team from HO wants to set up the show like the last exaped with this new street were there will stand the lowered and modived cars.
Its nice to see some of these cars but not in the row with stock cars.
I know in some of these cars there are even more hours and money put in the restauration then in a stock car - this is why we want honour that and so we put up and this extra new street with displays. Who does not like these cars just not has to go in that street.
Planning for our show 2009 has now started - if af any idea what we should change , what we should do, what you did not like,.. - please let us know - we are for everthing open.
Bye Christian
pre67vw
16 years ago

Hi,
thanks - my parents are everyday getting better and my dad will get back home by end of next week and my mother in 3 weeks.
The team from HO wants to set up the show like the last exaped with this new street were there will stand the lowered and modived cars.
I know in some of these cars there are even more hours and money put in the restauration then in a stock car - this is why we want honour that and so we put up and this extra new street with displays. Who does not like these cars just not has to go in that street.
Planning for our show 2009 has now started - if af any idea what we should change , what we should do, what you did not like,.. - please let us know - we are for everthing open.
Bye Christian

"fantakid" wrote:

Glad to hear your parents will be home soon, best wishes to them both.

HO was fantastic last time around, the only complaint I heard a few times was the facilities for the camping. But I'm hoping not to camp next time anyway :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
fantakid
16 years ago
Hi,
thanks that is also what we heard and we are trying to change that
Bye Christian
heb623
16 years ago

Bye Christian

THANK GOD for that!!!

Also glad to hear your parents will be home soon, best wishes to them both.

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
mrsherbie
16 years ago
Firstly it is wonderful your parents will be back on their feet! that must have been some scary times for your family!

Personally I disagree with giving an invite to any modified cars at the worlds 'biggest and finest vintage show'.
I think that if you do not deter these cars you may find you have as many in that special street as you do in the rest of the town. It may then just become a very big show with 'all vws' ( albeit very organised!)
There are over 50 vw shows here in the uk each year! They are ALL now all vws.

It is the 'attitude' of some of the people who seriously modify their early cars just to get ' under the skin of the stockers that is what most people find so offensive.
I am not being hypothetical here, I KNOW some people do this just to make an impact and provoke a reaction. (No, not everyone, of course there are good and bad people in every scene.)

What happens if the floor scraping Papler shows up? That will sure as hell offend ALL the stockers. Its so rare though, so does it stay in the stock area? or with the modified cars?
What about when someone modifies a pre49 car just to get instant fame? Its going to happen sometime. Some attention seeking pleb is sure to want to bask in that limelight.
Hebs are already being done and we never thought that would happen.

Its the unique meeting of so many like minded people that we enjoy so much, which makes us drive so far!

Camberg got 'watered down'. To a different degree Peppercorn also got watered down too. It happens fast and is very hard to reverse.

I have noticed that stock people are fickle. If they get upset just once they often just wont return again.

Sorry my views probably appear stong and selfish. ( thats me :wink: :lol: )

You H.O. team are between a rock and a hard place. You cannot please all the people all the time.

But at the end of the day, the health and the happiness of your family are the most important thing of all! 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
fantakid
16 years ago
Hi,
thanks for the nice words - you are right - in a lot of the things you write and that will be our problem.
We are a meeting that is for stock cars - but we cannot prove befor we see the car in person how is it ( orginal or not )
Our team did a good job the last time by putting up the cars and so they will 2009.
We will not allow some guys to ruin the atmospare we had last time just because they want to become quick famous !.
Bye Christian
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Excellent news about your parents. Best wishes.

Personally I disagree with giving an invite to any modified cars at the worlds 'biggest and finest vintage show'.

"mrsherbie" wrote:

So - playing devils advocate here (erm... as per standard operating procedure) - define modified?

Abarth exhaust?
Okrasa?
Judson?
Sauer und Sohn, or Theo Decker tuned motor?
Boot rack?
Radials?
Wrong colour paint for the year?
Non original towel rail bumpers?
Lowered?
Alloy wheels (even reeeaaally old ones)?
Incorrect motor?
356 drums?
Eyebrows?*

This is that "line" that I asked about before. And now someone will be asked to draw it. And enforce it.

A good idea for sure, but it needs to be thought about very carefully.

*Anyone caught fitting eyebrows should face a hefty fine or short custodial prison sentence. "Awww, they`re so cute..." Blech!! :twisted:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
16 years ago
I think I am missing something but I still dont understand the taxi.
Fitting drop spindles and shiny wheels whilst promoting H.O. on the sides just gives out the wrong impression to me.

If that doesnt give the idea of 'lowering anything is ok, nothing will :shock: :lol: ( I can see it now, VW30 chassis on Midland Wheels BRMs on a platform in the town square..)
Only kidding!!!!!

But then, I thought it was a slight error in judgement to take the TeufelHeb to Camberg.

Maybe I am just taking things far too seriously!

JD, the 'define the line' issue is almost an impossible task.

My 50 does not have 'vw' paint! but is otherwise stock.
Owens 50 is all stock bar 356 wheels and drums.
But then if we lowered them, (NOT THAT WE WOULD!!*! :shock: :lol: ) they would be modified I guess?..

Wow it gets messy easily doesnt it?!!

Our team did a good job the last time by putting up the cars and so they will 2009.

"fantakid" wrote:

We all have 100% faith in your judgements all H.O. team! 😃

Right I am off to the garage to finish fitting my 51 bus reduction boxes to my car now to put it up in the air!

oh, hang on..... :?

:lol:
356boy
16 years ago
i'll be going to HO but in a modified vw :twisted: not sure which one yet but both are of show quality, i agree that there should be some sort of parking for this type of car as many people who attend the show only have these modified cars. like christian says if there well away from the stockers in there own designated area that should be fine. if theres no place for them they could end up mixed in with the stockers like BC and you wouldnt like that 😞 . where would everyone park who comes in a modified car?
brrrmmm brrrmmm :wink:
its nearly stock
 10374.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
16 years ago
Dont worry, I'll bring my big hammer and we'll have that big grandma clock off there in a jiffy!
:lol:

mrsherbie
16 years ago
Hang on, I will just give the hammer to Jenny! I dont think it will make it as far as H.O. blocking her view out of the front window like that! :lol:
356boy
16 years ago
thats coming out anyway 😃
streetwagens
16 years ago

. Too many knackered/lowered barn doors for my liking and sadly they were mostly all English.

"pre67vw" wrote:

I drove the 1100 mile round trip to Germany to see some rare cars, and as my bus was old enough, I thought that it might be interesting for some people to see one of only 2 surviving OG paint special order Olive Drab (726) barndoors known to exist in the world. And suprisingly I was right, people were interested. It was excellent for the people that dragged it out of the forest in 1994 to see the bus driving, they were very pleased that it is being used and... dare I say it enjoyed. Anyone that talked to me on the weekend was interested to chat about the hundreds of hours welding, time spent sourcing OG parts (Have you ever tried finding a front 22mm wheel cylinder for a barndoor? - thought not!) and the story of the bus and its interesting life. I met a lot of very interesting people through going to the show and turning up in a 'knackered' barndoor, perhaps if you wished to criticise me for turning up then you could have talked to me about it. In my naive mind I believed the show was about vintage volkswagens and the love of them, not 'its not shiny enough for us'.

I talked to a lot of people from many nations over the weekend, and received many compliments on the hours spent putting the bus together to a 'useable' state - I do not profess to have carried out a restoration. I have assembled a vehicle I enjoy driving. However, I am as usual disappointed to find that on returning to the UK it is the Great British Nation that is first to criticise yet again.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

I apologise in advance if my volkswagens offends again in future.
I apologise unreservedly for my vehicle... Wheres the crusher?
pre67vw
16 years ago
:lol: quality.

I liked your bus, I like original paint - there's nothing quite like it.

I don't like huge patches of rusty metal where the OG paint has long gone, and I don't like slammed vehicles at a vintage event. Thats my opinion and I'm sorry if it offends you!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
streetwagens
16 years ago
IMHO the definition between stock and modified can only be decided by the owner. Either they are striving towards originality and are looking to return to stock when the parts allow, or are happy to run modded and are looking to 'improve' on driveability. I'd call my '53 modified as its 12 volt, running a later gearbox on barndoor reductions, and (gasp!) a twinport. However to the untrained eye it looks stock, such is the illusion of its altitude.

22 barndoors there in total. Over 12 from the UK. Well done bus drivers. 😎
streetwagens
16 years ago

:lol: quality.

I liked your bus, I like original paint - there's nothing quite like it.

I don't like huge patches of rusty metal where the OG paint has long gone, and I don't like slammed vehicles at a vintage event. Thats my opinion and I'm sorry if it offends you!!

"pre67vw" wrote:

It was the 'knackered' that offended me.

Stock means stock, but Camberg has exhibited a certain leeway in the past. Rikki's bus shouldnt get into a stock show if thats how its marketed. Stock/rare then maybe.