Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
While we've all read the other posts about Camberg, i.e. the lack of organising and the appearance of the modified brigade. I'd just like to point out a few positives about the show.

We got there all the way from North Wales without any problems. OK, so we had to leave one car at Bob's, but we were expecting that. I drove there in a '47 standard and came home in a Hebmuller. It just doesn't get any better.. :lol:
Once there we met a lot of people from this site who turnred out to be a real good bunch, not that I was expecting anything else !! Nice to meet you all :wink:
We had a few too many drinks on the Friday and Saturday night in the tent with some people from here and were in fact the last ones to leave the tent on the Friday. :oops:

I think it's easy to criticise the show once it's over, however, I don't think I'd like to do one. Which leads me on to Lavenham. Malc, if you need any help with anything please just ask. With the bad experience of Bad Camberg still fresh in my mind, I've already gone out and got some signs made up for the roads leading into the town.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
16 years ago
I'm already starting to look back on Camberg 07 with teary eye'd nostalgia. Maybe it wasn't as good as previous years, but it was still bloody good. If it wasn't for HO last time around, Camberg would still be the best vintage show in the world - H.O. Just pushed the bar up a notch and Camberg failed to respond.  10379.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
I agree,now the exhaustion is wearing off(getting old)Camberg was very enjoyable.
This time because of the lack(compared to other years) of many rare cars we were given the oppurtunity to stand,talk and meet new friends.Which turned out to be equally enjoyable as events of previous shows.
I think the weather will have stopped a lot of the German cars turning up,if you only lived a couple of hundred Kms away and witnessed the rain when you opened you bedroom curtains in the morning,you could be put off.
One thing i did notice,the lack of well known faces that usually never miss.
H.O's standard was so high last visit maybe it has spoiled us.Let's hope we are just as lucky in two years time.

lou cypher
16 years ago

I've already gone out and got some signs made up for the roads leading into the town.

"SDV" wrote:

Like it want one for in the garage :wink:
mrsherbie
16 years ago

I'm already starting to look back on Camberg 07 with teary eye'd nostalgia. Maybe it wasn't as good as previous years, but it was still bloody good. If it wasn't for HO last time around, Camberg would still be the best vintage show in the world - H.O. Just pushed the bar up a notch and Camberg failed to respond.

"pre67vw" wrote:

Agreed 100%.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
I had a great time, was great to meet some of you, and put faces to user names. and after fixing my car at the ferry terminal it worked like a dream.

Maybe the vintage parts are drying up, but i still found myself a NOS set of okrasa carb base manifolds, enders trouble lamp, map light, and fuel stick for under 150 euros the lot.

I'm happy, maybe more WCs next time, and a sign that explains what the line of people waiting is for them to some people.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂