overrestored
16 years ago
I am curious... why hasn't anyone bought Randy's Lawrence? It is for sale at 79,000 US$ or best offer. Same goes for Les's Beeskow at +/-60,000 US$. I suppose I should add Lenny's coupe to that list... but I don't know if it is actually for sale.

I suppose nobody feels that the prices are right... or perhaps the prices are ok... but nobody has that kind of cash laying around. Any thoughts?
protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
2splits
16 years ago

I am curious... why hasn't anyone bought Randy's Lawrence? It is for sale at 79,000 US$ or best offer. Same goes for Les's Beeskow at +/-60,000 US$. I suppose I should add Lenny's coupe to that list... but I don't know if it is actually for sale.

I suppose nobody feels that the prices are right... or perhaps the prices are ok... but nobody has that kind of cash laying around. Any thoughts?

"overrestored" wrote:

People do have the money around, why else would some hebs and split ragtops be going for $70-100k? As far as the Romy's go, IMO Randy's car is very very sweet - but I think the price is still a bit high. Not enough people know about Romy's to appreciate the true rarity they are, so demand is not strong enough. I really like that car, but personally I would much much rather have the banana. But for that kind of money and from an investment perspective, I think its almost better to sink it in a 356.

What are the details of Les's romy? Have any details? If so, email me at [email protected]

Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
356boy
16 years ago
i tried to email les a couple of times last year but got no reply :cry:
overrestored
16 years ago
I agree about Beeskows being the model of choice from Rometsch. I also agree that it would be a far better financial decision to buy a 356 than a Rometsch as there is a huge market for old Porsches... and an incredibly tiny market for high dollar Rometsch cars.

The 356 is a better driver too.

But the Rometsch does drive very nice... and gets 100 times the attention of a 356... so if it is ego gratification you want... buy a Rometsch. If is just money you are after... buy a 356. If you don't want anything... then you are a Buddhist... and should buy nothing... and what are doing on this chat line anyway you idiot.

I was in in the money stage... but now I'm in the egotistical asshole stage... eventually I hope to make it to the Buddhist stage
protect me from what I want
oldbug.com
16 years ago
Im aiming for the Buddha stage myself too :wink: ...having been in the egotistical asshole stage for a while...it's worn me out.

Im getting rid of it all (well almost)...trim it down to "Normal Joe" levels and show up at some event in the future with one average car a folding chair and a cooler full of lemonade...maybe even in disguise.

I'll keep my 356 though...so I can still take those egotistical asshole drives into the wine country and thumb my nose up at the common people.

So...look for me in the back rows at the next Classic with a tan 74 Super Beetle with a couple primer spots and fuzzy dice hanging off the mirror.

So help me with my quest for enlightenment...buy the Lawrence and free up garage space for something more pedestrian... please! (I'll even consider partial Super Beetle trades :lol: )

Seriously though...it's a hard car to price. I know what Ive got in it, I know what the unrestored coupe sold for recently, Ive handled two Hebmuller sales this year at really heavy figures...the Lawrence has to be worth something substantial. I have yet to have had a serious offer...Im quite suprised indeed. Maybe I just aimed too high?
356boy
16 years ago

gets 100 times the attention of a 356... so if it is ego gratification you want... buy a Rometsch. If is just money you are after... buy a 356. If you don't want anything... then you are a Buddhist... and should buy nothing... and what are doing on this chat line anyway you idiot.

I was in in the money stage... but now I'm in the egotistical asshole stage... eventually I hope to make it to the Buddhist stage

:lol: i'd also like to be at the buddhist stage but its just to hard to let go :roll:
but if i had the $$$ i'd be all over that lawrence, cant understand why no offers, id be happy with the ego gratification stage then 😎
Tina
16 years ago
the vw coachbuild prices are getting to high now
the vw people is not the big wallet customer for this kind of cars
once the vw customer was the POOR man
the porsche customer was always the RICH man
a porsche is the logical better investment
better to drive
more fun
better resale value
more customers worldwide

RESULT of the story:

show up with the vw sign on the trunk = poor mans image
show up with the porsche singn on the trunk = better image
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
Lottery win, a Romy would grace my new garage long before a Porsch.

You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Tina
16 years ago
why not

but our personal opinion is not the point of interest, we are talking about the market ups and downs

UP = the prices (now to high for VW`s)
DOWN = the final customer (not willing to spend much for a VW)
Andy Sparks
16 years ago

why not

but our personal opinion is not the point of interest, we are talking about the market ups and downs

UP = the prices (now to high for VW`s)
DOWN = the final customer (not willing to spend much for a VW)

"Tina" wrote:

Honestly if only i had the money. I know what you mean, and to me i'm very surprised to be honest.

I can see how well you guys restore these cars, makes my restoration look like a quick polish then on the road. You strive to great lengths to make them perfect, well i did as well.

For my opinion they are worth every penny, shame there are so many people in this country hell bent on spending £20 - 40k on a van, and not looking for something that would blow a show away, and would be totally different.

You could always tow a puck, Do not understand it with the £=$ at the moment.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Tina
16 years ago
you'r right at 10000000%