Chris
  •  Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2007-09-13T21:04:14Z
I know it's a long way off, but I got thinking about Hessisch Oldendorf in 2009, :shock: and got thinking about the drive there and all that. Made me think, what about a little convoy ? 😮 We know most of each other anyway. Would need a lot of sorting out and that. Any thoughts... :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor


(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
mrsherbie
2007-09-14T10:22:46Z
We have also been thinking we will bypass the BBT convoy for H.O. and maybe drive there a day earlier to arrive the evening before? I so wanted to go on on the Rundfahrt while at Camberg, but we'd really had enough of 'hectic pace' driving so gave it a miss. The Camberg weekend was a little too short.
So we may well be up for the idea of a small nice 'in our own time' type convoy ideally travelling through all the major busy roads very early in the morning maybe? So long as between us all we have a full set of tools. I have my chief mechanic on board :D

What about a similar idea for Huckeswagen?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Chris
  •  Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2007-09-14T22:22:04Z
"mrsherbie" wrote:

So long as between us all we have a full set of tools.



I'm sure there will be a full set of tools amongst us !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We always get there the day before the event starts. Watching all the cars arrive supping a beer in the cafe on the corner, what more could you ask ? :wink:

Maybe you Southern Softies could put us Northerners up for the night if we come down the day before the trip. :wink:


A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
2007-09-15T09:22:50Z
"SDV" wrote:


Maybe you Southern Softies could put us Northerners up for the night if we come down the day before the trip. :wink:




You are not a Northener,you are welsh.
Don't come around here giving us boys a bad name. :evil:
Chris
  •  Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2007-09-16T22:28:41Z
"'50 Karmann" wrote:



You are not a Northener,you are welsh.
Don't come around here giving us boys a bad name. :evil:



I know I'm Welsh. I just didn't want you English to feel too inferior. :lol: You know how kind I am, letting you live in our country, 'cos it was too rough where you were brought up to keep your car safe. :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
2007-09-17T19:33:03Z
"SDV" wrote:

You know how kind I am, letting you live in our country :wink:



The reason i am here is because we have been invading and occupying your country for centuries. It's a habit we find we cannot brake.

White Dragons eat Red Dragons for breakfast.
'50 Karmann attached the following image(s):
356boy
2007-09-18T15:36:00Z
"mrsherbie" wrote:

We have also been thinking we will bypass the BBT convoy for H.O. and maybe drive there a day earlier to arrive the evening before? I so wanted to go on on the Rundfahrt while at Camberg, but we'd really had enough of 'hectic pace' driving so gave it a miss. The Camberg weekend was a little too short.
So we may well be up for the idea of a small nice 'in our own time' type convoy ideally travelling through all the major busy roads very early in the morning maybe? So long as between us all we have a full set of tools. I have my chief mechanic on board :D

What about a similar idea for Huckeswagen?



so whats your ride for hessisch :wink:
gipf
2007-09-18T19:47:32Z
"mrsherbie" wrote:

We have also been thinking we will bypass the BBT convoy for H.O. and maybe drive there a day earlier to arrive the evening before? I so wanted to go on on the Rundfahrt while at Camberg, but we'd really had enough of 'hectic pace' driving so gave it a miss. The Camberg weekend was a little too short.
So we may well be up for the idea of a small nice 'in our own time' type convoy ideally travelling through all the major busy roads very early in the morning maybe? So long as between us all we have a full set of tools. I have my chief mechanic on board :D

What about a similar idea for Huckeswagen?


Sounds like a good idea, i'd up for that! 🙂
mrsherbie
2007-09-28T00:25:12Z
"SDV" wrote:

I'm sure there will be a full set of tools amongst us !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you Southern Softies could put us Northerners up for the night if we come down the day before the trip. :wink:



:lol:

Its a good idea, I need to think it out though as the only spare bedroom is full to the ceiling with 50's interiors at the mo, wouldnt be very comfy! :lol:

Good its basically a plan then!

We are all assuming SDV that your oval will be up & burning rubber all the way there?!

Matt H.O. who knows, maybe not a beetle by then! 😃

Huckeswagen, we are going to take Owens 50 this time!

ps. Owens got a tattoo of a red dragon on his arm ( he's a proper welshy pikey)
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Chris
  •  Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2007-09-28T14:28:04Z
"mrsherbie" wrote:



We are all assuming SDV that your oval will be up & burning rubber all the way there?!



What.. :shock: and miss out on the chance to drive George's car over again. :roll:

"mrsherbie" wrote:


ps. Owens got a tattoo of a red dragon on his arm ( he's a proper welshy pikey)



Owen can't be Welsh, he's too tight !!!! We Welshies are generous people who give things away cheap to people that need them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
2007-09-29T19:23:26Z
"SDV" wrote:

We Welshies are generous people who give things away cheap to people that need them. :lol: :lol: :lol:



If that's the case. NO, Owen cannot be Welsh.
kdf38
2007-09-30T07:22:25Z
It that's the case there are DAMN FEW Welch among the ranks of VW people! And all the evil sellers at BC killed all the Welchmen who thought of attending..... I found this out trying to find parts for my '47.

Mike

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

"SDV" wrote:

We Welshies are generous people who give things away cheap to people that need them. :lol: :lol: :lol:



If that's the case. NO, Owen cannot be Welsh.


Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
Andy Sparks
2007-09-30T10:55:57Z
Gonna hang around for a few days before/after and make a holiday out of it this time. I fancy seeing some of the other car musuems there
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
GKL 7
2007-09-30T15:12:42Z
"kdf38" wrote:

It that's the case there are DAMN FEW Welch among the ranks of VW people! And all the evil sellers at BC killed all the Welchmen who thought of attending..... I found this out trying to find parts for my '47.




The Welsh traders were not at Camberg this time around.
It coincided with a Shirley Bassey gig in Swansea.
mrsherbie
2007-10-07T22:35:01Z
"'50 Karmann" wrote:

The Welsh traders were not at Camberg this time around.
It coincided with a Shirley Bassey gig in Swansea.



:lol: :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Users browsing this topic