If yes, tell it to me!
I bought some NOS turnknobs
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
16 years ago
Hey Passoa...
Ask Garry from Brezelwerks....I think that it was once at the samba discussed.
Greetings. Peter..
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
mrsherbie
16 years ago
No, but I would also be interested to know how easy/difficult it is!
I had to put a 40's complete pod in my 50 ( big knobs : ) to get the brown knobs! Because I could not find a good working standard beetle pod.
Now I finally have a 1950 bus pod to replace it with, but am deciding whether to leave the 50 bus speedo in it, as it seems a pity to lose its identity! But then it is still wrong!
:lol:

I love the pod I have which is too early, I guess it matches the football mirror which is too early too, but was also much easier to find than a standard 50 beetle one! :shock:

Anyway, I guess 'too early' parts are a little better than 'too late' parts?! :? :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Pascal,

Send the pod and knobs to my place, I'll do it for you !
The price is a nice beer in Mol !!
:wink:
BR,

Guido
vintagevw
16 years ago
I think we have a deal Guido.
Thanks.
Regards, Pascal.
BD55
16 years ago
I have done this a couple of times. To remove the switch either drill the end where it is 'rolled' over or prize it up until you can get the switch out. When replacing you will have to drill and tap the stem of the switch, i think 3mm thread. And use a cheese head screw and a spring washer to get the correct tension for the switch contacts.
When drilling the switch you have to make sure you are drilling it true and square otherwise you will find the drill pop out of the side of the switch stem :oops:
vintagevw
16 years ago
Any pictures?
BD55
16 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

worked for me, could have sworn i used a cheese head screw