Rattyben
16 years ago
Hello all, just wondering what kind of price I should be looking at for my set of these? Anybody give me a ball park figure?

Ive been told over in the UK that I could get anything upto £3000!! After searching around I feel that this is not the case so.......any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Ben
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
dinsdale
16 years ago

Hello all, just wondering what kind of price I should be looking at for my set of these? Anybody give me a ball park figure?

Ive been told over in the UK that I could get anything upto £3000!! After searching around I feel that this is not the case so.......any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Ben

"Rattyben" wrote:

It depends very much what condition they are in and how complete the kit is. Are the heads in good condition, any cracks? 36hp Okrasa heads crack easily and need repairs. Are the carbs correct, have they been rebuilt recently, are the valves new?

I would say that a good set of heads, manifolds and carbs might get £1K. If you have the counterweighted crankshaft then double that. If you have all the oil cooling parts, pipes, linkages etc, then another 1K.

Pete
'54 Beetle with Okrasa
Andy Sparks
16 years ago

Many thanks, Ben

"Rattyben" wrote:

£3000 unlikely, There is a set for sale at the moment from a Belgiun guy, they are £1000 and he has had them since Volksworld show 2007, they were also at Van Fest and Slough.

I got a set for $500 including crank, although i am hearing horror stories at the moment from my engine builder that they may be 30hp heads flycut to acept 34hp barrels.

Need to get back to London and check.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
vintagevw
16 years ago
The Belgian guy is Filip Garsbeke.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
vicpolky
16 years ago

I got a set for $500 including crank, although i am hearing horror stories at the moment from my engine builder that they may be 30hp heads flycut to acept 34hp barrels.

"Andy Sparks" wrote:

Damn Andy, would that mean they wouldn't fit your 34hp? 😞
Andy Sparks
16 years ago

"vicpolky" wrote:

Damn Andy, would that mean they wouldn't fit your 34hp? 😞

"Andy Sparks" wrote:

Not sure need to go and have a look, but i'm in Devon and they are in South London. Will be back soon.

I have had them restored as well. :shock:
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Rattyben
16 years ago
Hey sorry for dissapearing, thanks for your advice on these. These have been crack tested and are in good condition. I was going to get them recon but had been advised against by many people. Seem to be generating interest around £1200 - £1500 at the moment so would be happy for a sale around this area.

Thanks guys, a really great help and community spirit on here, I like it! 😎
Rattyben
16 years ago
SOLD 😎