mrmagyar
16 years ago
Hi, I just bought this nice ultramaroon '55 oval a couple of weeks ago and I'd like to find out a bit more about its previous life, so if anybody knows the car or has any information I'd be most grateful. It was first registered on 1st May 1955 in Kent and has been in the Uxbridge area of London for the last three years.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
harveypj
16 years ago
Can't help with the history,
Congratulations though, it's a lovely looking car 🙂
Stock......the new custom
Rich Oakley
16 years ago
That's a beutiful Oval. Don't think I've seen this one before. Where did you find it/see it advertised?

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrmagyar
16 years ago
Hi, thanks for the nice comments. It was for sale at the recent Volksworld show. I was there with a group of friends and after looking around the cars for sale area out in the rain we were just about to leave to catch our train home. I'd been looking for an oval for a while and was disappointed when there didn't appear to be any when my friend Phil came running over saying he'd seen this really nice oval that we'd missed. I'd decided to buy it within five minutes even though because of the mud there was no opportunity to crawl around underneath. The gearbox was replaced a couple of years ago and it's got a late 1960 engine but I'm going to replace those with contemporary items eventually.
It's been a great learning curve since I've had it and it's a very different car to my 1966 Beetle.  15046.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe