lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
Hey chaps I think I've lucked in here.

Just had this email response to my ad here for 4 15" Radials.

Re: 1960 - Buss 11 windows for sale - $6,500.00

Donald has sent the following message:

Hello, I am an agent interested in immediate purchase of your item. After several consideration over the advert placed on the website, my client has really shown interest in it and would really want to issue the payment in form of cashier Cheque. Will you be accepting a cashier Cheque? The payment that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping this item to my client and my commission would be included on the same payment. We shall solely be responsible for the shipment of the item. and let me know how much your are selling the item last (your final asking price), so that my client will know exactly amount is paying for it. Please send your FULL NAMES, CONTACT ADDRESS WHERE PAYMENT CAN BE SENT TO AND YOUR PHONE NUMBER so the payment can be made asap, contact me asap via email for further questions as regards this transaction, if you really show willingness in selling this item. Regards. Donald.

https://www.pre67vw.co.uk/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=956 

Haha!! This guy thinks I'm selling a 1960 11 window Bus for $6500 when in fact I want £40 for my tyres...can you see what I'm thinking?

If I can get him to send me a cashiers cheque for $6500 I can send him the tyres and he can't do a thing about it. 😃

Only thing is...do any of you think my actions could be considered illegal?
John.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
356boy
15 years ago
av his pants down :lol:
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
That's funny! I have just received the same email about one of my radios.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

That's funny! I have just received the same email about one of my radios.

"Rich Oakley" wrote:

Butt out Oakley...I got the email first. :evil:
John.
Denz
15 years ago
Ah! I've had the same email about my crossmember for sale. Followed it up though and got a couple replies from the guy. Now apparently I'm waiting for some money to be posted to me?!?!? :roll:
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago
I think we're both very lucky...he just sent me a downpayment of 150 Nigerian Pounds for my tyres. 😃

UserPostedImage
John.