Ennva
  • Ennva
  • Newbie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Camera problem......all those pictures i took whilst dismantling have been erased......anyone got any pictures or advice on pedal cluster assembly for type 1 69. thanks:?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Chris
15 years ago
I have some of when I took mine apart. Only problem is, it's a 1955 RHD. If anyone can verify they're the same I can send them to you via e-mail.

I've currently got the body off, so can take a few more detailed ones if they're compatable.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Ennva
  • Ennva
  • Newbie Topic Starter
15 years ago
more than happy to have a look, mine is the long bar with break and clutch seperate, if yours are c&b together then different
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
There are three main types of pedal cluster: pre-1957, 1958-66 and 1967 onwards. The 67 and later assembly is completely different to the early ones.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Ennva, try asking on the samba here:

Samba 68- forum 

If you ask nicely for RHD pics I bet someone will post some for you :wink: Or as it's a US site, if you only get LHD pics you can 'mirror image'/flip them and should look pretty much right!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann