Coco 67
15 years ago
Hi,

I Ran my 67 beetle out of oil 2 years ago! oops! I could kick myself as she was going a dream.

I stopped when i realised something was wrong. The RAC came to the rescue, filled me up with oil and i went on my way, he said i might have stopped just in time? she ran ok for about 2 weeks but was making funny clanking noises, then one day i lost power and the car died on me 😞 i havent used the car since, as most people have said New Engine! and i just didnt have any money at the time.

I want to get her back on the road now.
Anyone any ideas of cost? do i need new engine? If so where's best to get one in cambridgeshire area? and can anyone recomend any garages?

Would be most grateful for any advice, many thanks :wink:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Hi,

I Ran my 67 beetle out of oil 2 years ago! oops! I could kick myself as she was going a dream.

I stopped when i realised something was wrong. The RAC came to the rescue, filled me up with oil and i went on my way, he said i might have stopped just in time? she ran ok for about 2 weeks but was making funny clanking noises, then one day i lost power and the car died on me 😞 i havent used the car since, as most people have said New Engine! and i just didnt have any money at the time.

I want to get her back on the road now.
Anyone any ideas of cost? do i need new engine? If so where's best to get one in cambridgeshire area? and can anyone recomend any garages?

Would be most grateful for any advice, many thanks :wink:

Coco 67 wrote:

An engine rebuild would probably be the most cost-effective option. It might be worth giving Tim a call. He's up in Stamford, Lincs. 01780 756883.
Or perhaps Rob could suggest somebody in the Cambs area?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Coco 67
15 years ago
many thanks Rich