lammyrider
2008-11-02T21:40:28Z
here are a few pics of my 59 original 92k miles uk bug, just needs a bit of tlc and heater channels
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
stickman
2008-11-06T13:33:37Z
Nice looking Beetle. Where are you planning on getting your heater channels from? I need one and am undecided as to the most accurate replacement.

Will you post details of the work? Sorry I'm nosey and love looking at peoples projetcs:d
JD
  •  JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
2008-11-06T15:23:22Z
Is that not a `58?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
2008-11-06T19:05:07Z
Rich Oakley has just wet his pants.
lammyrider
2008-11-07T20:24:07Z
JD wrote:

Is that not a `58?

its registered in 59 but may be a late 58 model, i need to check on the id plate
lammyrider
2008-11-07T20:26:54Z
stickman wrote:

Nice looking Beetle. Where are you planning on getting your heater channels from? I need one and am undecided as to the most accurate replacement.

Will you post details of the work? Sorry I'm nosey and love looking at peoples projetcs:d

well at the mo ive got it up for sale, if i dont manage to sell im gonna keep it and get work done, which i will post how its going. im looking at either klassicfab in the us or autocraft, both are supposed to be looking into making the correct channels
lammyrider
2008-11-07T21:07:27Z
lammyrider wrote:

its registered in 59 but may be a late 58 model, i need to check on the id plate

built may 59 according to chassis number
Rach66
2008-11-08T00:15:30Z
It's lovely:d
GKL 7
2008-11-08T19:00:37Z
Notice this car is advertised at the moment for £2.5K
Very reasonable.
lammyrider
2008-11-09T12:50:49Z
Originally Posted by: ' 

Notice this car is advertised at the moment for £2.5K
Very reasonable.

cheers not having much look at the mo!!:?
mrsherbie
2008-11-10T10:23:19Z
It looks a really nice car for £2.5. I saw it for sale and thought it seemed nice too.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lammyrider
2008-11-10T12:43:13Z
mrsherbie wrote:

It looks a really nice car for £2.5. I saw it for sale and thought it seemed nice too.

But can I just ask you to kindly refrain from making spiteful comments about me on other forums please, especially given the fact that you and I have never even met or spoken to each other, and I have certainly never made any comments about you or other people, other than many years ago on SSVC once I said I liked your van a lot :wink:
I am sure you are a nice person and would not say such silly comments to me in person.
VZI & now even recently SSVC have become childrens playgrounds, and I have not posted on either for a long time now for that very reason.

Thankyou!

[/quote
Hi sorry someone has upset you and I know how you feel but I'm not lammyrider on any other forum, I am mango guy on other forums, so sorry but I'm not guilty of that, but it's not your fault as I'm lammyrider on here, maybe I should change my name.

mrsherbie
2008-11-10T15:02:24Z
lammyrider wrote:

Hi sorry someone has upset you and I know how you feel but I'm not lammyrider on any other forum, I am mango guy on other forums, so sorry but I'm not guilty of that, but it's not your fault as I'm lammyrider on here, maybe I should change my name.

OOps! :oops: Sorry! :shock: I wrongly assumed you were the same lammyrider who has posted on vzi!

Anyway, I am sure you will sell the beetle without to much problem, the original interior speaks volumes about how well a car has been cared for over the years :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
2009-02-04T00:03:07Z
I knew I should have bought this car! And to think, a bit of heater channel rot and an incorrect decklid was what made me walk away!:oops: :roll:

Now I have got a rusty 63, with the wrong decklid!:wink: :lol:

I really do hate moaning about other peoples car, I would have it to happen to me, but it is such a shame to go from such an original and lovely car to this! Now it just looks like any other resto cal!:wink: :roll:

Again, sorry if this is your car and you are reading it, I will happily remove it!:wink:

UserPostedImage
William
Rich Oakley
2009-02-04T09:26:20Z
I did nearly go and buy this car, but have promised the wife I will not buy more than 20 cars in any one year. I am learning to restrain myself.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
2009-02-04T12:55:38Z
Rich Oakley wrote:

I did nearly go and buy this car, but have promised the wife I will not buy more than 20 cars in any one year. I am learning to restrain myself.

I just wished that I had gone and bought it, the paint also looks near perfect on the new owners photos!:roll: I was terrified when I saw a picture of the original engine coming out but it turned out just to be a way of de-coking the ore heat pipes!:lol:
:lol:

Only
20 a year, you really are cutting back!:lol: :wink:

William
paulbugman
2009-02-06T15:31:52Z
looks very nice
harveypj
2009-02-06T15:37:36Z
the wheels are all wonky 😳 :wink:
Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
2009-02-06T15:44:01Z
harveypj wrote:

the wheels are all wonky 😳 :wink:

Yeah, you'd think he'd fix that!:wink: :lol:

In all seriousness, some cars (annoyingly) do kind of suit resto cal, but this one just doesnt!:wink: :roll:

William