Sambaguy
15 years ago
As I have seen before, Hebuller seems to have used at least two types of air filter, the T- filter and the Mushroom filter.

Did the early Hebs used the Mushroom and later used the T-filter?

If anyone knows which type of filter I shall use in my #134 Heb it would be great.

Thomas
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
reminou75
15 years ago
you should also be able to use a Cyclon air filter, don't you?
usariemen
15 years ago

As I have seen before, Hebuller seems to have used at least two types of air filter, the T- filter and the Mushroom filter.

Did the early Hebs used the Mushroom and later used the T-filter?

If anyone knows which type of filter I shall use in my #134 Heb it would be great.

Thomas

Sambaguy wrote:

Your car had the mushroom style filter with the off-center hole. To make it sit a little more towards the fan house. That was needed because of the flat hood. The T-shape style with the extended tube to the carb was introduced later.
For the cyclon there wil not be enough space I think.
Master of my domaine.
reminou75
15 years ago

Your car had the mushroom style filter with the off-center hole. To make it sit a little more towards the fan house. That was needed because of the flat hood. The T-shape style with the extended tube to the carb was introduced later.
For the cyclon there wil not be enough space I think.

usariemen wrote:

actually the T is bigger than the Cyclon... But the mushroom should suit better due to the flat hood.
pre67vw
15 years ago

actually the T is bigger than the Cyclon... But the mushroom should suit better due to the flat hood.

reminou75 wrote:

The T on the Heb has an elbow on the bottom that places it further back.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
15 years ago

The T on the Heb has an elbow on the bottom that places it further back.

pre67vw wrote:

Over the top of the fan housing,no
A cyclone will fit on a Heb,but you won't be able to close the decklid,not a lot of point really.:wink:
usariemen
15 years ago
Here are the three possible ways.

UserPostedImage
Master of my domaine.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I prefer the 3th option !:wink:
heb623
15 years ago

Etzhold1 wrote:

Thank you Guido!
Atleast if you mean to say that heb623 will be equipped with those!!!:shock:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Sambaguy
15 years ago
Yes!! I have now found a correct air filter for my Heb. It is a Mushrom filter with the offset hole. A Huf VFI june -49 carburator will also be mounted on the 25 hp engine.

Thomas

mushrom filter2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Mushrom filter.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Carburator 49.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  carburator 49 2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
15 years ago
Helloooo.
You scored the real thing there...It's like hens teeth you found.
That is a rare item. Only a handfull are made and were replaced by the T-filter.

Congrats on the score.
Greets.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Andy Sparks
15 years ago

Etzhold1 wrote:

I have option 3 in my bug at the moment. OH yes what a great engine goes like stink
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂