mrsherbie
15 years ago
I was thinking of Julian Morley's sunroof car, but I cant remember if it's india or not? Another of my absolute favorite 'big' (small) window cars! if you know what I mean!:lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

I used to own one back in the late 90s, but I sold it and it was chopped up to make a beach buggy!

Rich Oakley wrote:

Did it have a matt black trunk lid Rich? If it did it was the one I saw a Peppercorn one year...and the only other one I've ever seen.
John.
54 Gertie
15 years ago
I've just realised that this car was featured in one of Volksworlds annual vintage specials in october 1996!

Looks lovely in there pictures and was owned then by Alison and Bernie Garrett!

Apparently it was built in Wolfsburg, sent to Columbia, then imported to the UK three years later!

Sorry about the crp picture and if you would like to read the feature just ask and I would be more than happy to scan it in, or bring it to a show but its, erm, winter:wink: !

UserPostedImage
William
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

I was thinking of Julian Morley's sunroof car, but I cant remember if it's india or not? Another of my absolute favorite 'big' (small) window cars! if you know what I mean!:lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

No Julian's is Coral Red.

I've just realised that this car was featured in one of Volksworlds annual vintage specials in october 1996!
...if you would like to read the feature just ask and I would be more than happy to scan it in, or bring it to a show but its, erm, winter

54 Gertie wrote:

I'm sure Steve has a copy of that mag. You'll find the story and more pictures of Steve's car HERE .
John.
Steve Rutter
15 years ago
54 Gertie,

Thanks for the offer, but I now have three copies of that particular issue of Volksworld !!

When I first saw the car for sale in October 2007, John's advert mentioned the appearance in Volksworld magazine. So went up into the loft and dug out my copy !!

When I picked up the vehicle, John kindly handed over his copy & also copies of the following magazine features:- VWmotoring (Feb'04), Total VW (May '99), & VW Trends (Sept'04).

The third copy was picked up at the Sussex VWOC show back in the summer !!

Steve