Alexdundee
19 years ago
nice article here for you , sure you know about it and now we all know how you look like aswell.....;)
ULTRA_VW 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Larry
19 years ago
Congratulations Dave. Isn't it nice to have a featured article about your VW run not once but twice :!: .

Larry
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
Alexdundee
19 years ago
Sorry Larry, just noticed when I posted this...but still good huh :?
62crew
19 years ago
Hi,Thanks Larry and Alex,Sorry about the late response,i have been away for the last 5 weeks and just got home.If it had not been for you larry i would not have known about the vw trends feature.Thanks again.
Dave :lol:
Larry
19 years ago
😃 WELCOME back Dave. Wow, that time sure did fly by.

I think that it is rather neat that VW Trends is now featuring VW's from abroad now. The VW's over there are quite different than the ones made for the USA. One of the features that I really like about my '66 bug is the steering column ignition lock. Those were not offered here. The first owner, military, of my bug had it shipped to the states when he was released from the service.

Larry
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
Spengdog
19 years ago
Hi Dave, great looking Double cab. Can you tell me exactly how much lowering you have there? I'm looking to drop mine a wee bit, but I don't want to get into problems removing the back wheels. My thoughts at the moment are 4" at the front and 2½" at the back on either empi 5's or BRM's with a profile of 185/95. What d'ya reckon guys? Sorry if I'm offending the sensibilities of any 'stock' officianados
62crew
19 years ago

Hi Spendog.Its got Harry Harpics front ajusters and a 68 front beam on
15 inch 356 rims and 185.65.15s all round.Its still a struggle to get the rears off,you need a trolly jack and a small bottle jack to make it easier,
or fit smaller or narrower tyres.I am pleased with height at the rear and with the much heavier 2ltr type 4 engine in the back it sits that little bit lower. Its all down to personal choice. Dave :lol: UserPostedImage
Spengdog
19 years ago
It looks pretty low, do you know how many inches it's dropped? If not maybe you could measure from the road up to your arch lip for me - cheers for the help, much appreciated.
62crew
19 years ago

I will measure up tomorrow,and let you know :lol:
62crew
19 years ago

Just measured up as follows.

Front. on 185.65.15s ground to bottom of lip 23. 1/4 inches
but on Harry Hapics Ajusters.

Rear. on 185.65.15s ground to bottom of lip ,just over 17. 1/2 inches

Hope this helps, Dave :lol: