Moog
  • Moog
  • Newbie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Hi everyone, my first post and I'm wanting information (how cheeky)....

Does anyone recognise or know the whereabouts of my Mum's old Beetle? It is a 1961 model bought by my Mum when she was teaching in Germany (Gutersloh, Westphalia) in 1961. She returned to the UK in 1962 and it was assigned the registration "40 EYT" (I believe in Shropshire, but could be wrong).
After trawling the colour codes I've deduced it was L380 Turquoise and looked a lot like this one below but without the towel-rail bumpers and roofrack.

UserPostedImage

It was sold to a chap in 1983 after my Dad died and he restored it and won a few trophies - he sent Mum a photo after the resto with the trophies lined up on the floor.
I'm not sure if the registration is still in use; I did the DVLA online check and the last registered date was a few years ago.
Any clues would be great. Thanks. 🙂
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Boris1966
15 years ago
:d Hey there,
Have you tried the DVLA website to see if the registration of your mum's car still exists on their system? My boyfriend's parents also had a number of volkswagens and he's tried to trace them, no luck so far :cry:
Sometimes writing into magazines such as "volksworld" with an article they might publish it for lots of readers to potentially respond? Worth a try,
GOOD LUCK
Leane :lol:
Moog
  • Moog
  • Newbie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Hi Leane,
I have tried the DVLA license enquiry website - it doesn't even recognise the registration and asks me to telephone them! I did write to Volksworld some years ago, but only one response came from a chap who (incorrectly) told me that it was a 1962 vehicle as that was the year it was registered in the UK (little did he know that it had driven back and forth from Germany to Shropshire numerous times by then!!!).
Thanks for your response.