Michelle
15 years ago
I have been offered a 1957 Oval for what seems to be a bargain? Any advice on the value of these? Appreciating that they vary hugely depending on condition etc, this one has been restored very slowly over 8 years or more, no signs of rust at all on bodywork, new floorpans, no chrome detailing on body, new upholstery (fabric), dashboard appears original except added oil pressure gauge, needs original fuel gauge re fitted! etc etc. Been offered part ex on my 14 yr old mini + £££. Any help on whether this is a fantastic deal would be appreciated, thanks lots in advance x
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Hard to say without a pic. pm'd you :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mooney3019
15 years ago
Hi
I live in worcs and if your not interested I might be ! contact me [email protected]

chris
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Hi
I live in worcs and if your not interested I might be ! contact me [email protected]
chris

mooney3019 wrote:

It is a 57 SA rhd import on a much later 4 stud pan, lots wrong but appears solid in pics. Ok, not stock.

If you email Gertie on here, his brother (I think?) has a very similar oval for sale on a later pan but theirs also has a Golde sunroof fitted too.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago

If you email Gertie on here, his brother (I think?) has a very similar oval for sale on a later pan but theirs also has a Golde sunroof fitted too.

mrsherbie wrote:

Hi

Yeah we have a 56 ragtop shell on a 67 chassis for sale! The ragtop is let in but the shell is rust free (it may have been converted to RHD but im not sure!).

It is running a late 67 pan (IRS) and is lowered (not by us:d ) Alfter buying it we soon realised that it was not quite what we wanted!

It's MOT has just ran out and the gearbox needs some work as it is hard to find any gears, it comes with an engine but that will overheat on long journeys!

PM me if interested!

UserPostedImage
William