topolino
15 years ago
petrol heaters, anyone got one? what are they like to use , smelly, hot ? any pics of one fitted in a bug.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Boris1966
15 years ago
Hi there,
My boyfriend's got a petrol heather in his sweedish imported crew cab. It starts up but needs a few bits. It's quite a big item though, not sure where you'd fit one in a beetle!!!
Leane
69project
15 years ago
have one in my swedish bug,its an eberspacher

doesnt work at mo,on my list of things to do

can show pics if interested

Car less.....
topolino
15 years ago
yes please, pics to see where its located and how its set up.
69project
15 years ago
UserPostedImage

not the best

can take a few more if interested

i think it went in from new???
Car less.....
topolino
15 years ago
thats where i had imagined it would be,i can see the fuel pickup i take it that it exhausts via the inner wing, is the heater outlet under the dash? i saw a pic of one on the samba a long time ago and it was fitted on the firewall in the engine bay, bet they put out quite a lot of heat when they are working.
69project
15 years ago
yes it outlet under dash but not sure about wing bit?

it has a lever which opens a damper and another which...well turns a light on the dash as i havent had time to get it working!

if u would like any other pics then let me know and i can take some pics for you
Car less.....
topolino
15 years ago
please let me know what its like if you getit working.
Dubster
15 years ago
I'm going to rebuild a petrol Eberspacher for my 412 project soon, I have two complete units to use.

I'm be taking photos through the rebuild which I'll make available here,
December 1966 UK 1500 Beetle
Boris1966
15 years ago
They certainly do throw out lots of heat. Within 5minutes my boyfriends crew cab is quite toasty! i'll try and work out how to upload a photo of his heater....... :!:

Make sure all fuel lines are well intact (as you would on your car engine)
topolino
15 years ago
hi, does it smell at all?