dry&heavy
15 years ago
a user on volkszone site asked me to join
sorry new to these vw forums, prob added this to wrong forum (sorry)
heres few pics of car i've found its been sat in a garage for last 19 years never been welded still in good condition
it's a 1952 standard beetle still using cable brakes
has all the paper work from germany when car was built in the factory then two weeks later its sale to 1st owner etc.. full german and uk history
was also in a few mags like , vintage volks, volksworld, vwaction, etc.. back in 89-90
all it needs is a good wash clean polish, one new 16inch tyre, petrol tank needs a clean as fuel been sat for almost 20 years, front & back grooved overriders, a 6volt battary & some wax oil would be good
thats all
anyone remember seeing this car years ago?  pic1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic7.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic10.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic11.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic12.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic13.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic14.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic15.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic16.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  number.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic17.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pic9.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Glad you joined (im Mellow Yellow on VZi) :d

Lovely beetle, what are your plans?

You dont see original carpets and seats like that very often, especially on such a rare car!

Is it not currently 12 volt, just going by the blue bosch coil?
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago
yes it's still 6volts never been messed about with at all
1st owner was a doctor in germany then his wife or daughter owed it next, then sold to a french guy (i think) then came to the uk
GKL 7
15 years ago
I remember the Volksworld feature.
£20K:lol: At that time Splits were selling for about 5K it may aswell have said 2 Million.

But a very, very nice car indeed.
Are you selling:?:
dry&heavy
15 years ago
no im not selling it, i have been offered this car & have 24 hours to make my mind up if i want to buy it or not ahhhh is all i can say,
i already have an aussie rhd 6volt 1959 beetle, just finished getting back on the road with help from vw garden many thanx, it's my daily drive
so this would be my sunday driver
54 Gertie
15 years ago

just finished getting back on the road with help from vw garden

dry&heavy wrote:

Ahhhh! You'll know Anna then, Mrsherbie on here!
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago
i have met here once while popping over & grabbing some parts from owen they are only a 30min drive from mine
very nice friendly lady
sorry had bugs for 15 years now but never been to any shows etc.. & only just joined a vw site
vintagevw
15 years ago
Hi welcome,:beer:
Buy it and join us next year at Hessisch Oldendorf!
It seems to be a solid one!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
GKL 7
15 years ago

i have been offered this car & have 24 hours to make my mind up

dry&heavy wrote:

He who Hesitates is lost.

If you've got the asking price and you think it's fair.
Get on the phone and say Yes,NOW.
You'll go a long way to find better.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

He who Hesitates is lost.

If you've got the asking price and you think it's fair.
Get on the phone and say Yes,NOW.
You'll go a long way to find better.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Im no split person but I could go with that, it looks to good to let it slip through youre very lucky fingers!

Even with my lack of split knowledge I cans see that it looks very original and (if its the right price!) you'd be mad to let it go!

Hope you keep the crossplies (hope that isnt tempting fate!:d )
William
Chris
15 years ago

Ahhhh! You'll know Anna then, Mrsherbie on here!

54 Gertie wrote:

I have met her once while popping over & grabbing some parts from Owen they are only a 30min drive from mine
very nice friendly lady

dry&heavy wrote:

You must be thinking of someone else........... UserPostedImage
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

You must be thinking of someone else........... UserPostedImage

Chris wrote:

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all! 😳 :d

UserPostedImage
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago
will let you know what i do
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Nice original STD car. I remember it well from the late 80s/early 90s. It was owned by a chap called Melvin or Mervin in Norfolk- I believe that he was the chap that advertised it for £20k all those years ago. I p*ssed myself laughing at the time. It is a true unrestored survivor and if you can get it for less than £10k, I think you will have paid a fair price.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
dry&heavy
15 years ago
yeh a guy called mervyn young who ran a garage in norwich called mr beetle for donkey years still owns the car, they still fix bugs etc.. their website is called all-vws
that pic is from september 1990 vintage volks mag they said its worth 20k, hes never tried or wanted to sell it he just needs the cash bit hard up i think, just been sat in a garage for last 19 yrs never seen light of day, its his baby so to say
he is going to put 12 months mot onit, clean the tank out of old petrol put new fuel lines on, service the engine, waxoil the floorpans and the car comes with tons of spares :d
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Made a decision yet? :d :?:
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago
yeh im now leaving to norwich it's too cheap to pass be a fool if i did
hope my 59 bug makes it there fingers crossed a 3hour drive if m25 is clear:lol:
will take a few more pics while im there
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Good luck! :d

How are you getting it back, although im sure a 59 could tow another bug it would hardly be motorway speeds!

William
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Is it yours? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :evil:

William
55Kab
15 years ago
I papped it at Stonor in 1987.

UserPostedImage