54 Gertie
15 years ago
This car is not mine but it is for sale as a shell on VZi. It appears to me to be glacier blue and really original, sheetmetal wise anyway!:lol:

Just thought I would post it on here as I know a few on here dont go on VZi but still may be interested!

Someone buy it whole as im feeling guilty asking the guy to cut out the heater outlets for me! :twisted:

VZi Link 
William
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Why is he saying its a 57 when it is clearly a 58 though??
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Why is he saying its a 57 when it is clearly a 58 though??

mrsherbie wrote:

Im guessing built 57 but a 58 year model!
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Yes, but we could all say that about our cars could'nt we! :lol: We have 2 58's for sale but I am not about to sell them as 57's regardless of their earlier build date because that is not how it works. A 58 model car painted in a 58 colour is a 58 not a 57.
I cant be doing with it all. I think Ive eaten too much chocolate in the last 2 weeks and it has lowered my vw tolerance :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

A 58 model car painted in a 58 colour is a 58 not a 57.
I cant be doing with it all. I think Ive eaten too much chocolate in the last 2 weeks and it has lowered my vw tolerance :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

I can see where your coming from but if is officially a 57 and anyone who knows anything about VWs can tell im sure! Its not like our friend Mr Caspo!
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Yes, I am just being pedantic really :lol:

So we would have to assume that the silver tag with the chassis number has gone with the pan onto another car, and without its pan or the tag there is no evidence left of the fact it ever was a very early big window/Aug 57-Dec57 build, rather than simply a 58 model shell. To stay alive it will only need a pan and tag, but certainly its 57 identity ( if it was) is now gone forever.
You see the way I was thinking?
Although the body number looks like it starts 17 so that would date the shell to Dec 57?
Not an exact science but close.

It is SUPER cheap though, too good to cut up! I cant believe he has not sold it yet! It really is a steal at £350!! :d
54 Gertie
15 years ago

It is SUPER cheap though, too good to cut up! I cant believe he has not sold it yet! It really is a steal at £350!! :d

mrsherbie wrote:

I felt bad asking him to cut up to 60 for me, let alone that shell!
William