pp
  • pp
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
:!: UserPostedImage

For the occasion of the 7th international VW Classics Meeting, which will take place on 30th of August 2009, a section of the showground will be reserved for the "Vintage VW Show", a unique display of the oldest original Vintage Volkswagens. This meeting-in-a-meeting is open for the following vehicles:

· VW type 1 (Beetle), until August 1967
· VW type 2 (Transporter), until August 1967
· VW Type 3 ( Notchback, Fastback, Variant, Ghia) until August 1969
· Military VW's (KdF wagen), 1938-1945
· VW Karmann Ghia (Type 14 + Type 34), until August 1971
· Special coach-built VW's (e.g. Hebmüller, Dannenhauer & Stauss, Beutler...)
· Porsche 356, 1948–1964

Vintage VW Show = original > no lowered suspensions, custom cars or rat-looks please !

Concours d'Elegance: all participants of the "Vintage VW Show" will be given the opportunity to take part in a genuine Concours d'Elegance. There are two classes: restored and unrestored. The partcipating cars will be judged on authenticity and quality by a team of VW experts. There are trophees for the Top-3 of each class. All those that participate in the Vintage VW Show will also stay in the running for the trophees chosen by the partcipants of the VW Classics Meeting.

Practical info: owners of Vintage Volkswagens that meet the criteria as described above will be given a preferential treatment during the VW Classics Meeting. They can book their own personal parking place for the "Vintage VW Show" in advance. Pre-registration is highly recommended. Entries for the Vintage VW Show on the day of the event will only be accepted in case of cancellations of other participants. Pre-registration for the "Vintage VW Show" is free of charge, but all participants will be asked to pay the entrance fee of 6 Euro/car (just like every other participant of the VW Classics Meeting). All those who registered in time will receive shortly before the event a letter with further instructions + a window sticker that gives access to the "Vintage VW Show" on 30th of August 2009.

:arrow: Use this form to register for the “Vintage VW Show” (*):
Vintage VW Show - registration form 

Instructions:
1) at the bottom of the form, fill in the data – use the “tab” key or mouse to skip from one field to another.
2) next, save the document on your PC: file > “save as” – filename: VWCM2009_Vintage_your name.doc
3) send an e-mail with this WORD-file in attachment to: [email protected]

(*) Only participants for the Vintage VW Show can pre-subscribe, but all other classic VW's that do not meet the criteria are also welcome at the VW Classics Meeting at the same location.

Extra: Music on Wheels
At this years VW Classics Meeting, we will have a nice extra for all participants and visitors: some authentic live-music by "Music on Wheels". Musicians Walter, Paul and singer Wendy will perform in the afternoon, starting at the Vintage VW Show shortly after all partipants have arrived. At approximately 4 pm, the mobile stage (a T1 Pick-up) will move to the main showground for a final performance. So, don't forget to bring your retro-dancing outfit, Lier will swing on 30th of August
😛 :beer: :beer: :beer: 😎

For further questions regarding the "Vintage VW Show":

VWCM 2009 - Vintage
p/a Paul Peeters
Belfortplein 20
BE-2500 Lier (Belgium)
mobile: +32 (0)474-661404
e-mail: [email protected]

www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pp
  • pp
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
Here's a picture of the interior of JM’s unrestored original Belgian 1948, spotted at the Vintage VW Show, Lier 2008:
(the same car is shown on this years flyer, see image above)

UserPostedImage

More images of the Vintage VW Show 2008 can be seen here:

https://www.carsthestars.be/events/vwclassics1_event_2008.htm 
https://www.bugland.be/VwClassics_vintage_show_Lier_event_2008.html 
www.fototreffen.be

Thanks to the photographers Jonny, Karl and Yves for the nice pictures 😛
pp
  • pp
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
Hi there! Just to let you all know that registrations for the Vintage VW Show are now open. See info on our new website www.vwclassicsclub.be  and / or in the updated opening message of this topic.

Our meeting is a one-day event, unfortunately we can't offer you a camping ground, but there's accomodation available in Lier, a few hotels and several guest rooms. Fore more info and bookings, please contact the local tourist office:
e-mail: [email protected] / tel: +32 (0)3 488 12 76

To find out more about our charming little town, visit the website
Lier - Belgium 
You will soon discover that it's a nice place for spending the weekend!

regards,
Paul

mrsherbie
14 years ago
Best bring this up to the top again too. (Unfortunately for us the same weekend as the Kab Int. otherwise we would have done this one!)
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
14 years ago
I'd like to visit this show.
Malc,Chris,Dave are you going?
vintagebug
14 years ago
Yes George, we're going (well, we're 95% certain). We've already checked out the flights etc & just have to book them. We're planning on staying with friends in Lille (France) on the Friday & Saturday & getting up nice & early on the Sunday to drive to the show.

See you there?

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
GKL 7
14 years ago
Guido or ET.
Which of the airports is the nearest,Brussels or Antwerp?
Noticed the two cheapies,Ryanscare or Sleezyjet don't seem to fly to any Belgian destinations.
vintagebug
14 years ago
George, you can fly from Manchester to Brussels (Charleroi airport) with Ryanscare on Saturday evening back on Monday for around £34 plus the nice Ryanair credit card fee of around £4 each way.

We're probably staying in Lier or somewhere between there and Charleroi on the Sunday evening as we fly home on Monday morning. If you like, we could try to arrange to stay in the same hotel on the Sunday night? I'm thinking :beer: :beer:
We haven't booked anything yet.

So, see you there? :d

Dave
vintagebug
14 years ago
George, we've booked our flights now :beer:

Dave
GKL 7
14 years ago
I'll contact Chris tomorrow,that lad needs a break.
And i've sent Malc a mail.
Should know by tomorrow night:d
Etzhold1
14 years ago

Guido or ET.
Which of the airports is the nearest,Brussels or Antwerp?
Noticed the two cheapies,Ryanscare or Sleezyjet don't seem to fly to any Belgian destinations.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Antwerp is the nearest airport to Lier !
you guy's should come with a old VW

I hope to see you There !

Guido
heb623
14 years ago
George why don't you buy a schwimmwagen?
You can cross the channel for free than!!!:lol:
Too expensive?
Contact the people of Top Gear maybe they'll teach you how to transform a beetle into a submarine!!!:shock:
To get a sonar you can contact Andreas!!!

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Etzhold1
14 years ago

To get a sonar you can contact Andreas!!!

heb623 wrote:

You're realy a mean person, I like Andreas Radio Very much!!

heb623
14 years ago
Dear Etzhold thanks for the compliment!!!:roll:
I am really honoured!:oops:

For Andreas:
Don't get me wrong![-x
I like your "sonar" radio very much too!
Only one problem! :shock:
Its hanging around in the wrong Heb!!!:wink:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
pp
  • pp
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi all,

Closest airports to Lier:
Antwerp : 14km
Brussels (Zaventem): 37km
Charleroi (very optimisticly called “Brussels-south”): 103km
Eindhoven (NL): 80km

Cheapest options are probably Ryanair flights to Charleroi or Eindhoven, both have flights from UK destinations. But, as Guido mentioned, it would be much more fun to come by Vintage VW…

As you know, Lier is a one-day-event (Sunday), but for those who are coming over for the weekend, I’m thinking of organising a non-official program on Saturday. We could make a relaxing cruise on the nice country roads in the Campine region (north of Lier) and have a taste of the best Belgian beers somewhere (the Trappist brewery of Westmalle is nearby)…
:beer: :beer: :beer:

For those who will drive their Vintage VW’s to Lier for the weekend, we can offer a secure place to park your vehicles during the night, starting already from Friday evening. If interested, contact me privately please.

And last but not least, If you’re coming by Vintage VW, don’t forget to register:
Vintage VW Show - registration form 

Regards,
Paul
VW Stan
14 years ago
I won't be able to make this one as I'm already due to take a break in the UK with my partner in August.

George, another option to flying is the Eurostar to Brussels, its around £60

Malc
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
brille52
14 years ago
YOU GUY`S ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH !! :lol:

I just checked the distance from Bozen to Lier : 978 km ! I know, I am kind of crazy - but not enough ,to drive a beetle up there for one day.....sorry !
Although it would be great, to see you all again ! Wish you a good time !! :beer: :beer:

A8)
brille52
14 years ago
..ET, I was driving last night with the Heb from Brixen to Bozen,and from the radio came out a strange piep,piep,piep.......I had to laugh ,because thinking of you : I still drive in a red/black submarine,red/black submarine,red/black HEBmarine. hahaha - it was really funny !! Ciao ! -

A8)  Hessisch Oldendorf 2009 378.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pp
  • pp
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago

I just checked the distance from Bozen to Lier : 978 km ! I know, I am kind of crazy - but not enough ,to drive a beetle up there for one day.....sorry !

brille52 wrote:

:wink: well... just imagine you'd be that crazy, you would probably go home with the trophee for "longest travel distance"! The record is held by a UK bus owner, he drove 620km to visit our show!
reminou75
14 years ago
I'll try to go there with the '53 Standard. 😎