Chris
15 years ago

Jeez! Can I do nothing right?

crazydaze wrote:

Here's the last person to post pictures of a lowered beetle on here.....

UserPostedImage

All hail George, the saviour of the stock VW's

UserPostedImage

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
54 Gertie
15 years ago
That wasnt meant to sound sarcastic!:oops: :lol:
William
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Here's the last person to post pictures of a lowered beetle on here.....

UserPostedImage

All hail George, the saviour of the stock VW's

UserPostedImage

Chris wrote:

Brilliant! :lol:

(btw, where do you get your smilies from? :wink: )
William
pre67vw
15 years ago

Are Alberts not considered to be a good thing on a stock car then?:?

Rach66 wrote:

I have no idea, if you like them then put them on. They look like caravan mirrors to me! or one of those mod lambrettas :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Chris
15 years ago

Brilliant! :lol:

(btw, where do you get your smilies from? :wink: )

54 Gertie wrote:

Rob's going to hate me for this..... but try here...

smileys 

Take your pick.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

smileys 

Take your pick.

Chris wrote:

Brilliant!:lol:

UserPostedImage
William
pre67vw
15 years ago

Chris wrote:

[-x

Whereas the odd smiley is OK here and there, it's not a kids site so use them sparingly.

I always love your signatures though Chris :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Chris
15 years ago

[-x

Whereas the odd smiley is OK here and there, it's not a kids site so use them sparingly.

pre67vw wrote:

As if........... :wink:

I always love your signatures though Chris :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

Cheers Rob, I try...
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Are Alberts not considered to be a good thing on a stock car then?:?

Rach66 wrote:

No not at all!:lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

Just ask someone who's driven an oval with one of those 'cool', and I must admit do I like them, rear Venetian blinds about rear visibility. If that seems fine then ask them after they've driven the car on the motorway filled with with people, dogs, camping gear and condensation! :d :d :d

Rach; after me you're first - buy the bloody Alberts! If the guys here continue to give you grief about caravan mirrors then simply get it lowered to throw them off the scent for a while! :wink:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

people, dogs, camping

tman wrote:

Bollocks, I shouldn't have said that! :wink: Still, there's nobody here to grass me up on that faux pas.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Stop it! you are all being so mean! 😳 and yes, that's coming from me the evil witch!

Yes, alberts were originally on stock cars, long before people ever thought about lowering them :lol:
In fact I found an old dusty box of original pairs a few weeks back in a tidy up, but no O's not selling them, I am sure he gets more enjoyment out of the hoarding than selling most of the time. :lol:

No, I dont like them myself either ( though I can easily see why other people do) and would never fit them to a car. 'caravan mirrors' thats top! :beer: :lol:

I guess the reason why they have been absorbed into resto-cal but you hardly ever see them on stock cars nowadays is purely down to the fact that Resto'er's get more excited about accessories than stockers do about, well everything really :? :lol: ( I exclude Mr Ruby-Sparks of course from this statement! )

If you like them Rach, fit them! Crazydaves car is beautiful and he has them!

dogs + camping should never go together at car shows! 😳 ( unless the dog is small enough to sleep in the rear window and be passed off as a rare accessory original nodding dog of course)

UserPostedImage

Incidentally when I painted this wall, I actually matched the paint to the og ruby inside my wheel arch ( though it does'nt look it in the pic) This is a great way to bring your cars 'indoors' and your wife/girlfriend/partner will never even guess!! :d ( ps. yes I have done other rooms..)
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Glad its not just me with old ads on my wall!:wink:

Although I have not matched VW colours to go on my walls, if I did though it would be Ultramaroon!:d 😎

William
Rach66
  • Rach66
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks for all the posts, I still haven't decided, yes I am rubbish.
So my pros and cons are:

Pros

I like them from the side, and think as a mirror they are elegant
I need new mirrors and nothing else grabs me really
I do like accessories

Cons

They might not fit under my cover, and if they do I'll probably have to re-adjust them every morning
Not sure I like them from the front as they stick out quite alot
Not stock, though I do have white walls, a white steering wheel and eyelids
Horrible teenagers might snap them off as my car is a daily and left in car parks

hmmm
crazydaze
15 years ago

Thanks for all the posts, I still haven't decided, yes I am rubbish.
So my pros and cons are:

Pros

I like them from the side, and think as a mirror they are elegant
I need new mirrors and nothing else grabs me really
I do like accessories

Cons

They might not fit under my cover, and if they do I'll probably have to re-adjust them every morning
Not sure I like them from the front as they stick out quite alot
Not stock, though I do have white walls, a white steering wheel and eyelids
Horrible teenagers might snap them off as my car is a daily and left in car parks

hmmm

Rach66 wrote:

Buy them, trial fit them, if you don't like them you sjouke be able to make most of your money back!

They are a correct period accessory for the car alll be it a reproduction version so very accepted in stock and vintage circles (well apart from the repro bit!)

Alex
Rach66
  • Rach66
15 years ago
Thank you for all your help, much appreciated:d
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated:d

Rach66 wrote:

No probs!

To quote Frasier Crane

"The moment I cant give an opinion, strap a tag to my toe becasue im dead!:wink:
William
Rach66
  • Rach66
15 years ago
55Kab
15 years ago

They look like caravan mirrors to me! or one of those mod lambrettas :lol:

pre67vw wrote:

Now THAT made me laugh!:lol: :beer:
Ovalbug
15 years ago
Albert mirrors have always struck me as being yet another case of the Emperors New Clothes syndrome.....
Look ruddy awful IMHO, yet seem to be one of the 'must haves' on many peoples wish lists.......wouldn't have them on my car even if you paid me :lol: :lol: .
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Peter_Plade
15 years ago
Here are 2 stock 54 oval both wearing org Albert mirros, and neither of us own a caravan ;-)
And by the way some of us stock people are also into accessories.........

UserPostedImage  div_276.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.