JULIANROBINSON
15 years ago
Any ideas on numbers left?

I got this today..

Just missing wings, and some glass... the seats, lights etc are all with it..

oh, and it has a few rust issues...

its a Late september 1953 Standard Model RHD Beetle.. Been off the road since 1985 ... its got cable brakes!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I'm going to squirel it away for a while.. then rebuild it.. once I've finished the other RHD '53! :roll:

Its been mentioned that there are very few standards in RHD form known?
www.vwoval.co.uk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
you beat me to it!, i was due to look at this car tommorow!, the guy emailed me about it today through my wanted ad, how did you hear about it? i didnt see it advertised anywhere?
Sunroof53
15 years ago
i have browsed various forums for a few years and dont remember seeing any 53 standards,only deluxe models.i believe there were only 900 cars imported to the uk in 53 .yours looks in good shape .have you got the month of manufacturer?
RoRoVw
15 years ago
Fantastic find. Well done for saving it and good luck with the restoration.
Cheers.
JULIANROBINSON
15 years ago

you beat me to it!, i was due to look at this car tommorow!, the guy emailed me about it today through my wanted ad, how did you hear about it? i didnt see it advertised anywhere?

stu wrote:

he emailed me through my wanted ad... I only needed a wiper motor! :lol:
www.vwoval.co.uk
JULIANROBINSON
15 years ago

i have browsed various forums for a few years and dont remember seeing any 53 standards,only deluxe models.i believe there were only 900 cars imported to the uk in 53 .yours looks in good shape .have you got the month of manufacturer?

Sunroof53 wrote:

I think its a mid / late September '53
www.vwoval.co.uk
VW Stan
15 years ago
Hi Julian,
Not many UK Standards left full stop. I hope you're not going to lower that one!
Nicolas and I are thinking on starting a standard register here. so if anyone wants to send me details including chassis number, body number, colour, date of manufacture and any M Code options with a few photos, we'll start getting a list together.

I've started a list over here...

British Standards... 

:d

Malc

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
48REME
15 years ago
Great car, great find! Malcolm, we need to work on the standard project very soon I think.
I didn't know that 8778UB was sold. When did that happen?
RoRoVw
15 years ago
Hi,
I bought 8778 UB from Richard in August last year. It hadn't been on the road since October 2004. I had known the car for a long time as I was slightly involved in its sale back in 1986 when the original owner died. He only lived about 5 miles from me at the time and a friend had already bought the black oval which this original owner had used prior to 1960 and his purchase of UB.
It will be seen out and about at many more meetings this year starting with Stanford Hall.

The planned Standard Register is a great idea.
Cheers, Rob.  m_8778 UB 001.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Judson53
15 years ago

Any ideas on numbers left?

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Well you can make that 2 now,thought for a while i had the only one

mine was built on the 1st of september!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

i know its got some delux parts on it but is beeing sorted soon :lol:

urs looks realy good
vicpolky
15 years ago

Well you can make that 2 now,thought for a while i had the only one

mine was built on the 1st of september!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

i know its got some delux parts on it but is beeing sorted soon :lol:

urs looks realy good

Judson53 wrote:

That is a lovely car. Enjoying the the fact you've got an abarth on there. Given your name, have you got a judson in there? :d 😎
Judson53
15 years ago
I did have but its gone now :cry:
vicpolky
15 years ago

I did have but its gone now :cry:

Judson53 wrote:

:( still a lovely lovely car though, I'd love a standard 😎
mrsherbie
15 years ago

I got this today..

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Nice! :d :beer:

And about 100 million % better than that other scary beast! :shock: :lol:

I'm going to squirel it away for a while.. then rebuild it.. once I've finished the other RHD '53! :roll:

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

No wrong way round! bin the other one and do this one instead! (madman! :lol: :d )

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
That number plate has got to b worth a bit of money!:wink: Especially to someone with a lowered 54, shouldnt be to hard to find!:lol:

Lovely find!:beer: What are your plans? Looks really solid and original, are those og channels?:wink: 😎

Will

UserPostedImage
William
55Kab
15 years ago

I got this today.. Late september 1953 Standard Model RHD Beetle..

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Nice find Julian.

Love the numberplate and with a plate like that you should slam it on some earlies:wink:

Sure that type of RW and Vzi talk will upset Rob and Anna!:lol: :lol: :beer:
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Nice find Julian! Why didn't I find it first?!

Where did it come from?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JULIANROBINSON
15 years ago
it was in watford, the guy had had it for 5 years.. bought it complete.. stripped it.. left it...

... it was originaly from the south coast..
www.vwoval.co.uk
JULIANROBINSON
15 years ago

Nice find Julian.

Love the numberplate and with a plate like that you should slam it on some earlies:wink:

Sure that type of RW and Vzi talk will upset Rob and Anna!:lol: :lol: :beer:

55Kab wrote:

I think I will run it standard height.. I like the irony of the numberplate! :lol:
www.vwoval.co.uk
JULIANROBINSON
15 years ago
[quote=54 Gertie]That number plate has got to b worth a bit of money!:wink: Especially to someone with a lowered 54, shouldnt be to hard to find!:lol:

Lovely find!:beer: What are your plans? Looks really solid and original, are those og channels?:wink: 😎

Will

Its very original .. except for a whole load of brazed plates on the floor.. and a few dodgy repairs..

the chanels are good but presently need repairs to the outer edges..

Its going to be put away in the dry untill I can afford to repair it!

www.vwoval.co.uk