Glasurit or Standox or?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
15 years ago
i think Glasurit.
zelensis61
15 years ago
I have a 54 oval that is painted with standox original. Not sure about splits.

Maybe it is like with nuts and bolts...srveral supliers. Not sure but I think just in case one company cannot deliver it in time.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
15 years ago

I have a 54 oval that is painted with standox original.

zelensis61 wrote:

Silly question....but how can you tell?

But i agree, probably a number of suppliers were contracted to VW to supply paint.
Just that you usually associate Glasurit and VW as being together.
heb623
15 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Watch out George Peter is detective!!!:shock:
Wiih the investigation, interrogation en toture techniques he uses even paint can and will talk!!!:lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
GKL 7
15 years ago
48REME
15 years ago

i think Glasurit.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Just diverging from the specifically 'Split' subject here...does it mean that one can
trust a Glasurit formula as it can be found on the internet to produce an accurate VW period colour?
Just fishing for info because I received a Glasurit-based colour sample which I think looks darker than what I've seen on a car which still has original paint (and not in an area exposed to decades of sunlight).
Can it be that colours fade anyway with time, even when not exposed to light?
pre67vw
15 years ago

Just diverging from the specifically 'Split' subject here...does it mean that one can
trust a Glasurit formula as it can be found on the internet to produce an accurate VW period colour?
Just fishing for info because I received a Glasurit-based colour sample which I think looks darker than what I've seen on a car which still has original paint (and not in an area exposed to decades of sunlight).
Can it be that colours fade anyway with time, even when not exposed to light?

48REME wrote:

It could be that it's just not very accurate! I don't suppose they would spend a lot of time creating formulas for the modern 2k paint that match the old ones exactly, and if the modern base colours are slightly different then you'll end up with a different end result. The best option if you can, is to take the original sample and get the new paint tinted to match.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
15 years ago
Well, it seems that a Max Meyer sample matches the colour I was after best, L14 Reseda Green.
This is the sample against the back of Kevin's glovebox door which still is in original unfaded paint.
I feel relieved now...time to push that car of mine in the paint booth!:wink:  DSC01311.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
15 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Well, I can tell this by this plate I have found next to the vin plate in the front of the car.
It says: pour reparation employez dr Kurt Herberts standox L227

It is obvious that if they point to use this pain, it was original painted with the same paint.:roll:
Greetings.  IMG_0171.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0174.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
vintagevw
15 years ago

Glasurit or Standox or?

SplitPersonality wrote:

I think both.
I have 3 of those badges.
They where also placed on the ID plate.
Hey Peter, we have the same one!  Afbeelding 009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 010.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 011.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Etzhold1
15 years ago
here is mine !! Blank !

IMG_6561.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.