55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
I'm soon going to be at a point soon where I need to acquire the many small gaskets and rubbers that fit between handles, doors etc.

I saw some bonnet handle gaskets on a car at the weekend which had already cracked and split and they were not very old.

The owner said he wished he'd gone to Wolfsburg West for all these items as he thought they were geuninely considered some of the best available. So just wanted to ask, what do others fit/use? Where should I go?

Tks.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
We used WW for rubber parts for the 55 when we were "revitalising" her after 20 years of standing! They all seem great!

The one problem that we had was that the popes nose seal required a bit of stretching to get it to fit! Looks fine know though!:wink:
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I bought a pair of supposedly 'the best' quality headlight to wing rubbers about 6 years ago and they cracked up and started falling apart after about 1yr :shock:

I think I have used WW rubber too in the past and it was very good.

Nowadays, any odd bits we dont have nos or used we always buy from Heritage, as much out of habit and reliability as the fact that In 20yrs we have both independently always been happy with their stuff, but then I prefer to buy bits over the counter so I can compare first and they are near enough to do that. But equally we dont buy much new stuff at all these days.
I think I used a new body rubber for my 50 from them, but the windows I bought from BBT, who are really up on supplying good rubber, and now they sell the proper oval repro running board rubbers ( I guess you will need too?)
But we are in the South, and so are Heritage, I think quite a few people on here also use Status out of the same regional proximity habit, but their website reminds me of the circus? :shock: and circus's and clowns creep me out! :lol:

If I were you I would hang out til Stanford and compare rubbers in the flesh (so to speak :shock: :lol: )
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
vintagevw
15 years ago
Heikki is making the correct hoodframe rubbers, and some more.
3 lined rubber from Guido for the front and rear lid.
Wait to buy doorwedges and windowscrapers, the repro ones are not the same and bad made!
Those stainless steel windowscraper trimms are very nice and they don't bend that easy as the original ones.
Bought mine from Chucks Convertible parst but are available everywhere I guess.
But I guess they are coming soon, ask Guido. :d  Afbeelding 502.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  untitled.bmp You have insufficient rights to see the content.  untitled.bmp You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!