dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
I'm collecting bits for my 1950 bug. I've been offered a 1951 pan which has short shock mounts at the rear. I think I should be using lever shocks though? Can anyone tell me when the change over was please.

Thanks in advance
Life, Love & Unity
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagevw
15 years ago
I guess it is april 1950....not 100% sure but it will be close.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks for the reply fella.

So before April 1950 lever shocks were used and after that date it went to short telescopic is what you're saying?

Anyone confirm that for me please?
Life, Love & Unity
VW Stan
15 years ago
According to VW Progressive refinements...

Date Introduced
6 Apr. 51

Chassis Number
1-0244 003

Unit No.
274 520

Modification
Shock absorber
Now: telescopic shock absorber
Formerly: lever type shock absorber
(for export and Convertible only)

:d

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Etzhold1
15 years ago

I'm collecting bits for my 1950 bug. I've been offered a 1951 pan which has short shock mounts at the rear. I think I should be using lever shocks though? Can anyone tell me when the change over was please.

Thanks in advance

dexter wrote:

If you need a 1950 pan , I have one here, matching numbers ,front anxle , rear axle and floorpan ! And if you would like the engine aswell, That is now in a friends shop, he's rebuilding that engine at the moment !
The only thing that is missing are the jack supports on the floorpan ! Otherwise no welding to do ,just repaint it because its orange now:roll: ( Yep I found it in The Netherlands )

Guido:wink:
dexter
  • dexter
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thankyou Stan, that has given me exactly the info I need. BTW is the information relating to VW progressive refinements available on the net and if it is could you give me the link please.

Etzhold - I'm interested in your pan can you email me some pictures(if you've got some)and a price please. A'm I right in assuming all the fitting like shocks and brakes, pedals, etc are there?

email address: [email protected]

Cheers
Life, Love & Unity