mrsherbie
15 years ago
This year to mark the 60year anniversary of the Beetle Cabriolet, the invited special display at Stanford Hall will be a group of approximately 30beetles to span as many of the production years as possible and will be organised by Karl Tinsley of the Volkswagen Cabriolet Owners Club GB.

I am assuming that late cars will be no problem but if you own a pre67 Kab and would like to be part of this special display, contact : karl.tinsley ( at) bt.com.

This information was in the recent VWCOCGB magazine, but I am certain that non-member owners of early Kabs will be more than welcome :d :beer:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Etzhold1
15 years ago

This year to mark the 60year anniversary of the Beetle Cabriolet, the invited special display at Stanford Hall will be a group of approximately 30beetles to span as many of the production years as possible and will be organised by Karl Tinsley of the Volkswagen Cabriolet Owners Club GB.

I am assuming that late cars will be no problem but if you own a pre67 Kab and would like to be part of this special display, contact : karl.tinsley ( at) bt.com.

This information was in the recent VWCOCGB magazine, but I am certain that non-member owners of early Kabs will be more than welcome :d :beer:

mrsherbie wrote:

If anybody would met Karl and his dad, give them both my best regards ! Very nice people , and they own some lovely cars !
I was planning to visit the show this year but, I got bad news this week so I have other things to do now first !

Best regards,

Guido

Etzhold1
15 years ago
pictures??? 😞 :?
mrsherbie
15 years ago

pictures??? 😞 :?

Etzhold1 wrote:

The show is not until May 3rd! 😳 :lol: its not the pukey modified Volksworld show you know! :lol:
55Kab
15 years ago

its not the pukey modified Volksworld show you know! :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

So that's my invite down the drain then!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

UserPostedImage

54 Gertie
15 years ago
Edited! :wink: :lol: :beer:

UserPostedImage
William
55Kab
15 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought you could have PSed some standard wheels and ride height Will...:lol: :beer:
mrsherbie
15 years ago
And I thought my photoshop skills were rubbish! :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago
I worked my fingers to the bone....

....For this! :roll: :lol:

UserPostedImage
William
55Kab
15 years ago

I worked my fingers to the bone........For this! :roll: :lol:

UserPostedImage

54 Gertie wrote:

Now that really did make me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Especially as you got the rear camber correct, she didn't have an engine fitted at Volkworld! :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Now that really did make me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Especially as you got the rear camber correct, she didn't have an engine fitted at Volkworld! :lol:

55Kab wrote:

The camber was a complete accident! I stole the wheels from this split... :wink: :lol:

UserPostedImage
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
:lol: :lol: that made me laugh out loud! :beer:
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Cancel the Gavinpaint! you dont need him now, you have us!
Voila! you are ready for Stanford already! (This show car building thing is a breeze!)

UserPostedImage
55Kab
15 years ago
Nice one Anna, I really like that! :wink: I'll get on the phone to Gav now! :lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago

The show is not until May 3rd! 😳 :lol: its not the pukey modified Volksworld show you know! :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

:oops: :oops:

My mistake !

But after checking the pictures from the Volksworld show at Jullian's Website !:shock:
I don't regret anymore that I was not able to visit that show !
May 3th I probably will be still in the Hospital:cry: , and have to pass on that show aswell , but I know you guy's, will shoot nice pictures and post them here so I can enjoy the show a bit ! I hope I'll have internet in the hospital, 3/4 weeks without the Pre67 Forum :evil: , that would make me even more sick !!:roll: :lol:

Guido
GKL 7
15 years ago

Hospital:cry:

Etzhold1 wrote:

Good Luck Guido.
Hope you make a fast recovery.And you are back with us 100% very soon.:d
pre67vw
15 years ago

Good Luck Guido.
Hope you make a fast recovery.And you are back with us 100% very soon.:d

'50 Karmann wrote:

seconded... best wishes :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Thanks Guy's,

But I'll get the surgery at april 16:cry: , so I'll be able to post here till the 15 :lol: April 8 I'll get a nother scan (PET Scan) After that scan I'll know if I need other treathments before or after the operation ( lets hope that I don't need that crap) After the operation, I have to stay atleast 3 weeks in the hospital !
So if everything go's well, I'll be in Hessisch Oldendorf :d ! I asked my doctor if that would be possible, He told me no problem as long there are no serious complications :roll:! We are thinking about building a sidecar to ET's wheelchair:shock: so he could help me a bit, I think that would be fair enough,:lol: because I'm pushing his wheelchair more then 15 years now to swapmeets and car shows :lol: !
Thanks again for the support, I need that because some day's I realy feel like crap:oops:
My Close friends (Christian, ET and Swa) are supporting me very well, They are calling me atleast ones on a day , I do not like to pay Christians mobile phone bill from last month :shock: but it feels good, I'm alway's pleased if they call me !
I hope they provide me with an Internet connection so I don't get too bored in there, 3 weeks without pre67 forum:shock: :shock: , I'm not sure if I would survive that :lol:

Best regards,

Guido:wink:
heb623
15 years ago
Hey Guido,

Wish you all the best and a quick recovery!
But make sure I don't get any complains of the nurses, you h*rny devil!:shock:
Good luck!

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
vintagebug
15 years ago
Guido,

Good luck, we hope you'll make a very quick recovery and be with us at Hessisch- in fact you MUST come to Hessisch, PLEASE don't leave us alone there with ET!! :shock: :shock: :lol: Because I'm not going to be the one who has to pay for ET's hotel room when he leaves without paying, and I'm not going to be the one who has to fix his bed when he breaks it!! (only joking ET :wink: )

Keep your spirits up Guido, & we'll see you, Josche & ET at Hessisch.

Dave & Jean

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"