69project
15 years ago
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
15 years ago
Stunning and with priceless, lovely history. I am not sure about the outer wheel rim colour though, is that authentic? I don't find it too attractive I must say.
GKL 7
15 years ago

I am not sure about the outer wheel rim colour though, is that authentic? I don't find it too attractive I must say.

48REME wrote:

X2
Wasn't going to say,but that colour is nasty.
VW Stan
15 years ago
It was in the concourse at Tatton Park in 2006 in the same row as your '47 George!
:d
 IMG_0096.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
GKL 7
15 years ago
Thanks Malc.
But i still don't like the wheels:wink:
They look foreign to the car,probably OK on a car of the same colour,but it looks like the wheels have been borrowed from another vehicle.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Those wheels are shocking. Crack-smokin' painter possibly?

I love '59s. Might go and have a look at this one.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
harveypj
15 years ago
Outer wheel rims should be L224 'Moss Green'.

There is a picture of this car in the Pre67vw gallery for Stanford Hall 2007.

Great looking car, £6000.......I'd buy it:d
Stock......the new custom
64rotbox
15 years ago
I saw this at Stanford a few years ago, and witnessed some early-20s cretin remarking how it needed 'slamming' while he tried to pull the side trim off.
You can call me Al.
Sunroof53
15 years ago
I love it 😎 Reminds me of my old Light bronze 58 .The colours must be quite similar as i thought it was light bronze at first.Dont like the wheel rim though .Would look better body colour in my opinion.
69project
15 years ago

There is a picture of this car in the Pre67vw gallery for Stanford Hall 2007.

Great looking car, £6000.......I'd buy it:d

harveypj wrote:

i thought you would like it!!!

didnt want to big it up too much as i prefers yours(what a suck up i am! :d )

do agree though,those wheels just make it look wrong
Car less.....
gary c
15 years ago
Hi , ive just read that this sold to the first person to view the car this morning a guy called stuart not STU off here by any chance ? if so congratulations shes a beauty
54 Gertie
15 years ago

i thought you would like it!!!

didnt want to big it up too much as i prefers yours(what a suck up i am! :d )

do agree though,those wheels just make it look wrong

69project wrote:

UserPostedImage :roll:

:lol: :beer: I know what you mean! I even tried to swap a regulator for it at Volksworld! :wink: It was a round 54 one and the bastard still turned me down! :twisted: :wink: :lol:

William
69project
15 years ago
so stu did ou buy it or not???
Car less.....
48REME
15 years ago

d

harveypj wrote:

L244 Moss Green...as on my car!:wink:  Photo00338.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
15 years ago
The 1958 right hand drive DeLuxe Beetle, I consider to be one of the best VW ever built for the UK. That is because it is so useable in modern UK traffic, great to drive but still with the build quality of a split window, and it still has semaphores :!:

Apart from the enlarged windscreen which somewhat spoils the original's curvy shape I'd prefer one over a post '55 oval anytime. I've owned 4 '58s.

However, its not an art object like a pre Oct '52 split 😎

Why restore this car so well then paint the wheels such an awful colour 😞

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Apart from the enlarged windscreen which somewhat spoils the original's curvy shape I'd prefer one over a post '55 oval anytime. I've owned 4 '58s.

Standard split wrote:

Same! I always think that Aug 55 onwards ovals looks as if they have been "modernised" by a previous owner! Bigger taillights, more modern colours and interiors, no good old rib on the doors! :wink: However a 58/59 has these bits but they are generally a more modern car and it suits them! A 58 with heart taillights would just look wrong! :lol:
William
Standard split
15 years ago

Same! I always think that Aug 55 onwards ovals looks as if they have been "modernised" by a previous owner! Bigger taillights, more modern colours and interiors, no good old rib on the doors! :wink: However a 58/59 has these bits but they are generally a more modern car and it suits them! A 58 with heart taillights would just look wrong! :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

This is exactly what I've always though, but put better :!:

An oval for me has to be a pre 56 ribbed door (a la split) model.

Amazing the amount of early Beetle fans that are unaware of the 'two types of oval' – they haven't noticed the door change that was made midway :shock:

I've had post 55 Ovals, but you don't get the same door clunk that you do with the earlier ones as the big door latch kicks in when you close it 😎

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
54 Gertie
15 years ago

This is exactly what I've always though, but put better :!:

An oval for me has to be a pre 56 ribbed door (a la split) model.

Amazing the amount of early Beetle fans that are unaware of the 'two types of oval' – they haven't noticed the door change that was made midway :shock:

I've had post 55 Ovals, but you don't get the same door clunk that you do with the earlier ones as the big door latch kicks in when you close it 😎

Standard split wrote:

I think the thing that I would miss the most in a late oval would be the door handles and window winders! :lol:

Sad, aren't we! :wink: :lol:
William
Standard split
15 years ago
A right-hand-drive ribbed door Oval is a rather desirable car, there do not seem to be that many good ones available 😮
mrsherbie
15 years ago
What a superb 58! and such an unusual color I am not remotely surprised it sold so quick. I even like the bright green wheels! :lol: We have just bought a super clean og glacier 58 but they seem to be getting a bit common these days! :lol: will post pic when its home.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann